Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone seen bucks seeking or chasing yet?

bigddy09

As just curious if anyone has seen very much rut activity yet. This morning I seen a buck running across a cut bean field but going side to side while running like he was searching. Thought it was strange.

I got a trail cam video of a buck pushing a doe around this past week.. He was a lil one and was pushing her pretty hard..

The young bucks have been seeking and chasing for a while now. I saw a young 8 chasing a doe and 2 fawns hard on the morning of October 1st. Young and dumb I guess

If you'd dropped me into my stand this past weekend and told me it was November 5th I would have believed you. 22 does Saturday morning and 6 different bucks, and 12 does on Sunday monring and a nice 10 point. All 7 bucks checked out does and ran them around along with a lot of loud grunting from the bigger 130" bucks. My father-in-law also had two bucks over 140" within 100 yards that were checking does but wouldn't close the gap. It's very close in our neck of the woods

Small bucks chasing and grunting while the bigger ones I noticed made scrapes and rubs and didn't pay much attention to the does... Still fun to see three small bucks fighting over one doe.

Seen multiple mature deer fighting this weekend....seen some last Friday evening where I had 5 deer all over 150 in the same area tearing it up while two of them were going after it.

I have watched two decent bucks scent checking a few does. Just walking up to say "How you doing?" then on to the next one.

Had a 1 1/2 year old chasing a doe all around the stand Sunday morning. Several fawns wandering around by themselves also. Is this telling us the rut is going to kick in a little earlier this year? I don't remember this much activity, this early, in years past.

Sat last thursday evening...saw 30 deer feeding together with a couple smaller bucks and 2 1/2 year old 10 point ...none of them even looked at the does. The next morning, I had a small 8 point running all over the place after 5 does. I have also seen quite a few fawns out and about by themselves

Have seen a handful of decent size bucks just hanging around the groups of does and a few smaller ones actually chasing a few does around. One about got the hind legs to the face last weekend! It was hilarious.

Since about Early September I've had the same group of about 7 or 8 does that come out and feed in my yard just about every night. A couple nights ago a small buck joined them bumping them around. And the next two nights had two different smaller bucks bumping them around. When the rut starts going I might get to kill a mature one in my yard!:way:

Well I about called it!! about an hour after posting my reply....my same does came out and in my yard which is about 100 yards from my house. Glassing them with my binocs, noticed a biggin that was right behind them in the woods. Saw one side had at least 5, nethertheless a big mature buck. Well the does slowly made their way into a thicket with some open areas that they like to stage in before they jump my fence and head into a tall grass field. I quickly grabbed my bow and snuck out my back door and hid behind a big oak tree about 35 yards from where the does have came out all fall. Unfortunately they never came out!! oh well it was worth a try:)

drove around the amana area tonight for about 1.5 hours, didn't see any good bucks or rutting activity but I have off from the 27th to Nov 8. I feel like I am timing this pretty well.

Top Bottom