Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best camera for the money?

What camera is best for the money?

• Scoutgard

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Cudde

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Leaf river

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The scoutguard sounds like the way to go from what i hear, but i have nothing but good things to say about my moultree i40

2.jpg

Cuddeback screwwed ME ! when they said I bent the compact flash card reader on a BRAND NEW camera !!

I really like the 2011 Bushnell.cams we have dozens out now and they get the job done at a great price. 2 yr warranty 1 year battery life field scan buy it now on ebay 145 free shipping but be sure it is 436 model not 2010 435 model ;)

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Moultrie IR55

I have been using the Moultrie D55IR for 2 years now and am happy with the performance for a $100 camera. Very easy on batteries if you lay off the video.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
I really like the 2011 Bushnell.cams we have dozens out now and they get the job done at a great price. 2 yr warranty 1 year battery life field scan buy it now on ebay 145 free shipping but be sure it is 436 model not 2010 435 model ;)

How do you set the field scan properly. I Have a new bushnell 2011 model and want it to take pics every minute from 4 pm to 5 pm each day. Mine is taking pics all day long, eating cards and batts very fast. What did I do wrong?

I have 5 primos truth cams i picked up on sale for 80 bucks a piece and i havnt had a single problem with any of them. Had them out since july and only one is under 50 percent battery life. All of them have taken way over 1000 photos. I would never spend more than 100 dollars on a trail cam.

picture.php

picture.php

How do you set the field scan properly. I Have a new bushnell 2011 model and want it to take pics every minute from 4 pm to 5 pm each day. Mine is taking pics all day long, eating cards and batts very fast. What did I do wrong?

My brother had one that was doing the same thing, we never even had it set to use the field scan, just still photo, 3 shot mode, 5 sec. delay, and it would take pics nonstop for hours at a time. Sort of like a run away trigger like the 2010 models had problems with. This was a brand new 2011 BTC bought a couple months ago. We sent it back to bushnell. I'll let you know when we get it back. It had other problems too. The night pics were extrememly dark, and it didn't seem to trigger a lot of times when it should have.

I had the same problem on regular mode.I set the sensativity level to low instead of normal (On pauls advise) and now i dont seem to have a problem now.Even on field scan mode the camera will still take a picture if something walks in front of it so it might help to change the sensativity.

Reconyx see what you have been missing !! Ansmann batteries rechargeable roughly 1000 cycles on AA's 4g SD cards. Is the best I have found and I have had them all. I manage a 1000 acre ranch and we run ten reconyx cameras year round. I saw one set if batteries last 4.5 months and take some where between 5000 and 10,000 pictures with still 22% battery life left... Wow need I say more

just give one a try u don't like it let me know I will buy or sell it for u. ;)

Had six scoutguards , hit or miss with me . works one month or refuses to co operate the next.
1 bushnell trophy cam , hit or miss
15 moultries d40s -garbage ,most were replaced under warranty with new d50s still garbage ,batteries drain , black pics,white out, trigge speed.
Im still looking for a better camera for 200-250

The best low $ we have used so far is WGI w6c. This thing has out preformed more expensive cameras and takes excellent pictures. The only problem is that they have quit making them, so check out ebay. Pick mine up for under $100!!

I just bought a bunch of the primos truth cams a couple mths back, 46's bundled with their mount for $100 each, I'm impressed with the pics and battery life is amazing. Have a couple P41 homebrews I built and can't get close on #of pics before the batteries need recharged. See now Bushnell has bought out Primos, may be some more deals ahead and I'd definitely get more if the price is right.

Well i broke down and got 2 Reconyx hc500s, they been out one month had 300 pics each of only animals ,no wind pics, no sun shadow pics,no black or whiteouts,batteries still at 89%. so far im more than impressed , I will be getting 2 more. I also put out one of my scoutguards and had 500 pics 498 on the same day ,all of wind. this an issue ive had since being brand new . ive owned 6 of them and they have all had this atleast 6 times a piece over a season

Now you are on the right track! As I have said before, I have owned many different cams but the Reconyx is the ONLY one I have been completely satisfied with. I know it is more $ but definitely worth it. I put one out in January over a feed station and get about 2500 pics a week. All animals. All decent pics. Batteries are still at 80%. What else would you want in a camera?

im kinda fresh to trail cams, but i was wondering what the best trail cam is for my needs, i hunt bout 60 miles from where i live, and with the price of fuel, is there any cams that i can look at the pictures via internet, rather than pulling the card?

Reconyx. Worth every headache free penny spent. Best camera you'll ever buy. I personally would rather have just 1 of these as 5 of anything else, and I'm totally serious.

Rackaddict said:
Reconyx. Worth every headache free penny spent. Best camera you'll ever buy. I personally would rather have just 1 of these as 5 of anything else, and I'm totally serious.

I agree the Reconyx cameras are great and blew away my expectations after years of frustration using and calling cuddeslack customer service. Also Reconyx is made here by Americans.

Had 6 were awesome at first then go to heck.
now I got 4 reconyx hc500 so far so good. no wind pics or sun pics as of yet just animals.

Top Bottom