Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still Holding

ShedHunter1

These are some of the bigger bucks that are still holding. About 5 bucks left is all. I had them on camera Feb. 18 and actually seen the 10 pointer with the broken G-2 yesterday. Checking camera tomorrow to see how quick they made it back to the silage bag. These were some of the best pictures out of the week.

CDY_0058.jpg

CDY_0059.jpg

CDY_0093.jpg

On our own farms theres around 15 bucks and 0 have shedded accept splitter who died on us. I'm not sure why but every year its like that, an open winter or rough winter. They always shed late. I'm happy with it gives me a chance to walk other farms. Just like KansasHunter said faster you can pick them up better chances they won't be mangled by the tree rats. I haven't seen a buck on are farm with antlers but I stay out of the timber or any where near the bedding areas. Cameras are telling the tale.

On this farm there is around 20 bucks or a few more than that. 14 have shedded so far. Yesterday was the the first day shedhunting that I seen a buck. Talk to a lot of other shedhunters and seeing a lot of them carrying and its wierd just on certain farms. A friend of mine whos been going everyday has around 25-35 sheds. Last week he had 30 different bucks on camera yet. Crazy.
My guess is 70% are carrying yet.
In a few weeks I'm heading to Southern Iowa last year we found 32 in a day and half. I thought we could do better. Thought they were holding late and with farmer finding sheds after we left. He almost fired me!!
This year were holding off two weeks. Hopefully no shedpoaching goes on. The farmer and his Dad watch everything like a Hawk. So hopefully the numbers go up.
Heres a few of the shedded bucks.
CDY_0195.jpg

CDY_0192.jpg

CDY_0181.jpg

Cool to see them with horn still on.

My dad and grandpa were out driving around the other day and saw 5 bucks grouped together all with their antlers still on.

They might all be a little later this year dropping.

Just a question?? How do you "know" how many bucks you have on the farm?? I mean the bucks in my area move all over. Im just saying I bet i get 50 - 75 different bucks on trail camera from June till Febuary. And thats on 220 acers. Ya some are there cruzing during the rut and what not but, i just dont know how you can have a "number" of the deer on your farm??

I just checked cam on my turnip patch been getting same deer since late December was hoping to see a antler or two in plot but pics confirmed they are still holding.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Just a question?? How do you "know" how many bucks you have on the farm?? I mean the bucks in my area move all over. Im just saying I bet i get 50 - 75 different bucks on trail camera from June till Febuary. And thats on 220 acers. Ya some are there cruzing during the rut and what not but, i just dont know how you can have a "number" of the deer on your farm??

I'm guessing but during the winter 70-100. Last year there was even more.
One night in the neighbors bean field I counted 65 deer and they were still coming out until I had to bark like a coyote to get them to leave.
Not very many of them leave. Food-cover-no pressure and the lady friends they have no need to leave. We do have a few outsider bucks that winter on the farm everyyear then there gone and then usually show up late in second season when winter begins.
We have a pile of cameras a pile. I have multiple years of sheds off bucks until one of us kills him.
Lot of the cameras are set up in bedding areas and we don't go near them there all cameras that send pictures to our e-mail. Our neighbor has 15 of these cameras. There is very little timber that borders ours and the timber thats close is a half mile away. During the winter they don't leave. Its one of those farms that deer love to winter on. In a few weeks here it will be like picking morrels.
As of this morning a lot of the bucks are still carrying.

This buck was on one of our cameras this morning we thought he had shedded, haven't seen him in a few days. He is very easy to identify with double white patch on his kneck.
Between us and 3 neighboring landowners theres probably 50+ trail cams. Ours is the only one still being farmed. All of us are on the same page and all talk and show pictures to each other.

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0191.jpg

Sound like a sweet deal. I have one neighbor that we work together but the other one just does what ever. It sucks, you cant find sheds off deer and u wonder if they have them, or u havent seen a deer for a few years and u wonder if they killed them.

great thread, pics are nice along with some dang nice bucks. How many sheds did you pick up this year off youre farm, and what about youre neighbors?

Off our farm I think between Dad, brothers, and myself 10-15. On the neighbors 15-20. Actually a few of the bigger bucks we didn't find. They started to spread out do to the warmer weather.

yeh same here I didnt find any of my hitlist bucks on some of our properties butdid manage to scoop up some 70plus inchers that I am not familiar with

Top Bottom