Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Rain

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
The Doppler Radar shows rain in parts of Iowa was anything significant enough to help the crops?

I dumped 0.15" out of one rain gauge this morning before heading to work, 0.2" out of another one. Radar still shows more rain coming.

Every drop of rain helps, the corn leaves will carry the rain drops to the stock, where it will run down to the roots.

If nothing else, this rain will buy time waiting for the next rain event.

I had 2" in my gauge at 8am this morning. Still more coming through. This is northern tama county.

I hope it rains all weekend, not only because we need it, but because it makes work for me less hectic :)

my dad said even if we get rain today, his crops are screwed
I'm sorry to hear that.

I've been lucky and have gotten some timely rains, I should get a crop.

Right now my corn is starting to tassel and it we get 1-2" of rain in the next week or two, I should be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Only had .2" in my gauge. Spot storms are popping up, but I'm afraid .2" isn't going to do much at this point in the game... need much more than that! But I sure won't wish it away!

My sons are in Iowa waiting for rain so the detasseling will really get rolling. Here we have had so much rain that the lakes are all high, Mosquitoes are horrendous, the Mississippi has been above flood stage for a month and our docks are all underwater.

Top Bottom