Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! Debate 2

i am a union family

I knew it had to be EDUCATION FIELD or UNION. I had a stereotyped guess that you weren't a welfare, handout type. Most Obama voters will be one of those 3. *And no offense meant by that, just a pretty factual & fair "stereotype" that can easily be supported & the same things can be done for Conservatives with other groups.

Unions... Great folks, leadership is driving them off a cliff as well as the businesses they hurt though. Unions.... take from your members, take the money (often by no choice or you can't work) - give it to DEMOCRATS by vast margains, often against wishes of members. Give it to Democrats so they give you more $, more bargaining, more power. Then, when you get more $, you give more to Democrats as Unions. Not great when it's private business BUT, then the PUBLIC SECTOR UNIONS.... The Unions are giving money to the folks who they negotiate things with?!?!? Does this make any sense?!??! No, why it's bankrupting states and even Liberal Icons like FDR said PUBLIC/GOVERNMENT UNIONS can't exist for those reasons and many others that are conflicts of interest, etc. I support many union members. I don't support many Unions. Personally think they've had the biggest factor in destroying our education (it's about the teachers & the unions and NOT THE KIDS).
I worked in a Auto-plant by Detroit in college. 8 hour day let's say.... Union worker gets thru 150 parts 4.5 hours into the shift & the union contract dictates the workers do 150 parts. Workers go upstairs, watch TV, excercise, relax, they are done for the day, they completed the contracted rate & sit for 3.5 hours from what I saw day in, day out. And we're supposed to be competitive and any wonder Detroit about goes bankrupt & we can't compete?!?!?! Union workers - NOT the problem- Unions are. Some good things from Unions, but as the decades advance & we compete globally & work conditions are more strict, far less a need.

Never surprises me, 75% of folks I meet that vote for the Clown are in Education, Unions, on major handouts (able bodied folks) or have some crusade for something like Homosexual freedoms.

*Does it make a lick of difference (maybe it doesn't) that Romney or Ryan have or would very likely go hunting every year, hunt deer, etc? You know darn well what Obama think of "us hunters", "gun owners" and what he would think of a deer hunting site. I think we all know Obama looks down upon these "savages" & "hillbillys" w/condescension. Which group you think is more in touch with hunters and "outdoorsmen"????

Last edited:
That right there is why I don't discuss politics with anyone but a few close friends and family. I really like your posts and your sense of humor DG but what you said right there appears to be enough to draw me out. What your saying is anyone who does not agree with your view point (which I bet if we actually got into it there is probably more we agree on then don't) is Anti-American? WRONG!

Well written response..

Nope, that is not what I'm saying at all. Simply put, this country could do wonders by reverting back to the fundamental of "ONE NATION UNDER GOD". The comment about Ambiguous touched a nerve with me and I just feel like the ideals of this country are warped right now.

Enough said.. I had a long typed out response about patriotism and the simple idea of the difference between wrong and right, but I am going to refrain, because much like you Mplane, I hate talking about politics and it's about time to get into the stand for the evening.

Good luck this weekend guys.

This phrase is only "ambiguous" to anti american, liberal, radical, atheists who have forgotten the ideals of what this country was founded on.

GOD BLESS AMERICA is not only the furthest thing from ambiguous, it is also an ideal that more people in this country should live by!

It seems ambiguous to me when it is used everywhere by everyone in every context imaginable.

It is like "Allah Ackbar" used by Muslims and seems to mean everything from the literal "God is Great." to "Death to America" depending on the context.

Ryan will be president some day, Biden was so unprofessional...I was shocked at his behavior

Allah ackbar or whatever- I think the vast majority of the time we hear it used is with terrorists blowing up women, kids, soldiers, non Muslims or innocent people. Killing them in a variety of ways. Maybe it's used at other times but I haven't heard it and we've all heard it while terrorists r gunning down a church or blowing up a bus thousands of times in last 10 yrs.
God bless America is a statement always used in patriotism or proudness how God blesses a free people (which is rare). I haven't heard that while an American was using it to blow up civilians or in any negative fashion. How much longer God blesses the USA is above me and with evil & vial things going on across the country day & night- makes me wonder how much longer. Especially when we have leaders that fight for evil like keeping the killing of 50 million innocent & defenseless babies legal

Biden represented what today's democratic party is. Arrogant, rude, uncooperative, blowhard and intolerant.

I watched the debate last night as well, I'm suprised how many did here. I too was very suprised at just how rude and uproffesional that was when Biden would just interrupt Ryan nearly everytime it was Ryan's turn to speak. And when he wasn't interrupting he was sitting there laughing like it was just some joke.

I feel pretty bi-partisan, but wow, Biden was such a turn off with how he acted I could barely focus on what they were talking about. The past month or so I'm beginning to really back R/R and I think last night sealed the deal on me being a R/R supporter.

I also noticed that nearly every everytime the moderator would change topics it was during the middle or Ryan speaking and she would cut him off also. I thought Ryan did have a couple week spots though. The main one being when asked what the plan was for war and all he could say is whatever is in the best interest of the American people and he really seemed to dodge the question. Also the moderator read the question asked by the soilder mentioning whey the two parties seem to just fight eachother so much and Ryan basically just started bashing Obama(pretty doing exactly what the question wanted him not to do).
Besides that I would call Ryan the winner and Biden hands down did not lose the debate, but should be ashamed of how he acted. You didn't see Ryan sitting there laughing and butting in, he was focused and listened to Biden.

Simply put, this country could do wonders by reverting back to the fundamental of "ONE NATION UNDER GOD".

This country could also do wonders by reverting back to the fundamental of "...and to the REPUBLIC for which is stands".

If our government treated this country like it was meant to be treated, it really wouldnt matter who was in office..

Our founding fathers would puke if they could see that the country they created has become the exact thing they revolted against...

Ryan quietly and respectfully let Joe commit political suicide, which he did a very thorough job of.

"When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet. " Proverbs 29: 9

Now seriously? The Bible is correct. No doubt about it. Biden was disrespectful whether you are a Christian or not. :thrwrck:

Anyone else think theres a chance Ryan will be in a treestand on November 2 and getting results on his phone?
R and R all the way. Biden reminded me of the evil guy from Billy Madison always snickering while secretly plotting to take over this country.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Always is a stretch.

I have mostly seen it used by sociopathic politicians pandering for votes.

If we even agreed many politicians on each side are a bunch of slick sales people who just say what "folks want to hear"- why would the Right want to hear this? Why would those words "pander" (which I agree both sides do)? I hear that quote far more often from the general public though. Remember singing "God Bless ameriaca, land of the free........"?!??? Why do we hear this and remember this? Throw the politician scum bags outta this... We hear this because it's truth.....
Going deep into this... It's truth because this is one of the only nations ever founded on Christian principles. The Bible is a founding document of our creation as a nation. Christians fled here from tierney to start a new natioN "under God which was them Blessed by God". Can u think of any other nation with the liberties, freedoms and endowments given to all that live there from god? No. We r special, blessed by God. I worry our nation is forgetting this & ignoring amazing statements & "cliches" like this & I worry what God will do as we don't need him or ask for his blessing?

I worry our nation is forgetting this & ignoring amazing statements & "cliches" like this & I worry what God will do as we don't need him or ask for his blessing?

Exactly Skip....going to get worse the farther we get from those basic, sound principles this country was founded on.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Biden did what he did on purpose last night. I think they felt like they had some big ground to catch up after Obama got routed by Romney in the first debate. Yes he was rude and disrespectful but for the most part, only the Republican followers are going to be seeing it this way. The democratic followers loved every second of that last night and what last night did for the democrats is took a lot of independent voters and pushed them towards voting for the Obama/Biden ticket. (I hope that isn't the case but that is how I see it playing out). The one thing that I wish Ryan would have done to prevent what I feel happened with the independent voters is stop talking, looked that clown Biden in the face and told him he was being very disrespectful and to let him talk. If he would have put Biden in his place, I think the rest of the debate would have went better for the Republican party. IMO

Nothing in politics is accidental. He practiced this for a week for christ sake. But as usual, Uncle Joe took it just a bit to far. I think all he did was fire up the right a bit more.

That right there is why I don't discuss politics with anyone but a few close friends and family. I really like your posts and your sense of humor DG but what you said right there appears to be enough to draw me out. What your saying is anyone who does not agree with your view point (which I bet if we actually got into it there is probably more we agree on then don't) is Anti-American? WRONG! If you can't honestly admit that terms like that have been co-opted, or should I say corrupted, by the right to bully, shame, rally or fool people into agreeing them it's time to lay off the cool aid.

I am not a liberal, nor radical, nor atheist. I have not forgotten that this country was founded on rights and freedoms that the far right OR left would infringe on. I want the pledge of allegiance said in school but I prefer the original version. I DON"T want a whole lot of God or Religion in public life but you can't have my money
icon7.gif
. Many of the supporters of RR are also the type of people that are easily offended and want to ban that which offends them too.

I did not think much of the debate last night. When I saw the thread I knew I would read a bunch of complaints about the VP's actions and I don't disagree. But come on! The Lord could have placed a halo on his head and wings on his back and you all would still be be trashing him. He did say one thing that stuck with me though. I can't quote it but it was in regard to their faiths and his position that while his faith guides him in his daily life he would not legislate it onto others.

I've been undecided through this whole campaign. I was hopeful that the Republicans would have a good candidate. The pool was disappointing to say the least, and for that they should be ashamed. I thought I may be able to support Romney in the beginning, he had a track record as a moderate, watching him flip flop and say whatever needed to be said at the time and move to the right to get the nomination then try to come back to the middle in the first debate sealed the deal for me. In the past I have voted for people from both parties. Not this time. I rolled my eyes at those that supported Ross Perot and now I'm going to eat crow. I will be voting for the Libertarian party candidate this year. I am sick and tired of the fringes controlling both parties.

Sorry. Rant over. I really need to get out and hunt.

I'm not alone!!!!

Top Bottom