Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No decoy?

gansomn

I am just curious to see how many of you all dont use a decoy. Its been about three years now that I have not used one. I bought a DSD decoy about 4 years ago mainly because I know a few of the guys who work for dave but did not have much luck with it. Have not used on since. Just wondering. Good luck to all......with or without a decoy. Later

I hardly ever use one but I gun hunt and "Run and Gun" most of the time so for me its not worth putting them out only to figure out I want to move again in 10 minutes. For bowhunting I think they are almost a must have though.

don't use them, did for several years but haven't for at least that many and my success has been better including no hangups by toms out of range when they see the dekes.

Less now to carry into the field and worry about.

I hunt public ground & the birds are very educated. They won't come w/ in a mile of a decoy & they run away when they hear a call or they go silent. The 1st year I learned this, I watched other hunters & how the birds responded to them. It was the same thing so I know it wasn't just me or my set-up. Since then I have sold all of my decoys & all my calls except my gobble shaker, which I use for locating only.

Back when I used to gun hunt for them I never used dekes. I use them everytime I hunt now, they're a necessity to bring the birds in close and have them stick around long enough get a clean shot off.

Top Bottom