Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seeking referals - Shotgun Camo dipping

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm trying to find a quality shop to dress a shotgun up in camo. I'd really like to find one in southeast Iowa. I can't get ahold of iowa gun dip for some reason, I suspect they went out of business. Anybody know a good quality dipper?

i don't think there is anyone here in Iowa as of now. Check out Camp Solutions, he does a great job but is in Louisiana. Also don't let anyone talk you into a dip kit because they turn out like crap.

I've always sent my stuff to tarjac, but it was all archery equip, I don't know what kid of hoops you'd have to jump thru for a firearm

Okay:
Fatboy-I agree 100%. For great firearms I absolutely want a great camo job. I would never try it myself. I think you meant Camo Solutions in Arkansas. I tried them the very first time I looked. They aren't taking orders until this summer. Thanks.

Iowadeadeye: Tarjac DOES do firearms, but they're half the country away. Looks like they do quality work though. Thank you too!

Wapsi-Bottom: I've written Iowagundip several times to no avail.They are by far the closest to me, only minutes away in fact, and they have a lot of good patterns. UPDATE: Called Mike from Iowagundip.com and got an answer. They are no longer in business

I managed to get a reply from Color & Camo in Fowler Illinois. I've seen their process on a clip they have on their web page. It appears they do quality work, have many good patterns and have a well equipped large shop. They also do a lot of work for some manufacturers. I have arraigned to take it to them this week.

Thanks everybody for your input.

Last edited:
Well, I DID take it to Color & Camo, way back in February. I haven't gotten it back yet. It's April 12th now. I had a lot of trouble getting any communicati9n from Keith, the owner. I asked several times how it was going, the only response I received was on April 8th and he simply stated he was "shipping it out today". Fowler is less than 100 miles away. I wrote and asked if he had tracking information and haven't received a reply. I have no idea where this gun is and can't seem to find out from Color & Camo. In summary: I don't feel very much like recommending them. There's a new operation in Ft Madison, btw. If anybody wants that info, pm me.

Before: After:
forum
forum

Camo & Color, Fowler IL. Did a good job on my Browning BPS 3 1/2" 28"
Realtree Xtra
forum
forum

Last edited:
what did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
They charge a total of $200. Includes $25 disassembly/reassembly. If I'd have taken it all apart myself it would have cost $175. I forgot to take out my extended choke tube and it got dipped also, it looks great.

Top Bottom