Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Idaho Billy

houston

After drawing a once in a lifetime Mountain goat tag in Idaho, through Cabela's Tags I booked a hunt with White Cloud Outfitters for the hunt. It was an adventure hunt horse backed 10 miles in to the white cloud range, to a spike camp, endured a 30 inch snow storm above us the previous week and hunted in elevations of 8500-10,500 feet in country that man must be careful in. After seeing 30 different Mountain Goats, a half a dozen stalks that were all for not I had my only shot on the 9th day of a 6 day hunt. After stalking in 2 miles up 2000 vertical feet of shale, I waited for 4 hours for the billy to stand. Finally at 2pm I had the shot at 438 yards anchoring him with 1 shot with a 155gr berger from my 300 win mag. It took 1hour and 45 minutes to cover the 400+ yards in a climb to 10,500 feet to the billy. Aged at 9 years old by the Idaho fish and game, it was an awesome adventure that had so many ups and downs that truly made me very humble of what I was capable of.

idaho027.jpg

Very cool hunt!!! Full body or shoulder mount? Congrats on the tag, the hunt, the kill, & the fortitude to pull it off!!!! I an jealous of all the above! Great experience I am sure!!!! :way::way::way:

That is so cool! Way to make good on a once in a lifetime tag. Love hunting the mountains and the creatures that live in them.

Thanks for sharing your story and pics but........... would love to see some more in you have them! scenery, camp, etc.

Congrats!!

Top Bottom