Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy for Xmas!

I had always mentioned to my dad that I would be interested in hunting with a muzzy for deer, or other big game down the road. I'm 28 years old and have never hunted for deer with a gun...been bowhunting since I was 12. Well he got me a TC Pro Hunter FX for Xmas today! I don't have any experience with any type of muzzleloader but I had been previously looking at the CVA Accura V2. He said I could return the gun and get whatever one I wanted. What are your opinions on the TC I received vs the CVA Accura V2? Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

picture.php

Last edited:
Both are good shooting guns. CVA definitely has the better trigger of the two. No wrong decision either way you go!

Pics or it didn't happen!
I'd say if that gun fits you, keep it. Its what your dad picked for you.

Last edited:
I would say keep it. It's a great muzzle loader. I just ordered an Accura V2 because of the price & overall it's a great gun. But in my opinion, the TC has a better quality look to it in fit & finish. Load 'er up & go blow some smoke - it's a fantastic gift from your dad.:)

That's a great gun. I got the same one last year, it's basically the encore with a fixed barrel. I'm not planning on switching the barrels and I've had good luck with all my TC's. I shoot 100 grains of blackthorn and Hornsby sst's. I wouldn't be afraid to poke a deer out to 175-200 yards with it. Enjoy!

When a father buys his son a gun he usually puts a lot of thought into it. Others gifts are easier to return, but is recommend keeping that gun!

I love my TC. I have made some long shots with it. I dropped a doe at 271 yards and last year I dropped a buck at 200 yards. I have never shot a CVA so no help there.

I have shot many muzzle loaders TC are good guns. I shoot a CVA I love mine main thing if it fits you keep it . Don't forget your dad bought it for you. A great gun with crap optics is a fair gun an average gun with great optics you have a great gun. Free gun saves you money for a good scope

I agree with the last comment. Put a good scope on top and you will have a top of the line muzzleloader that shoots as good or better then most.

Son your thinking of trading in a brand new Camaro ZL1 (T/C) for a Cobalt (CVA)???

Do the intelligent thing and keep the T/C....

Trigger job is $20 and it is a great shooter.

Furthest I killed a buck at is 253 yards with mine, shot a doe at 293 yards....

I shoot 150 grains of Triple Seven pellets and 300gr Hornady SST. Unreal accuracy.............

Last edited:
Thanks guys! The reason I had asked about the two was specifically about the trigger. I had read some reviews online and seen that people really liked the trigger on the CVA. I will be keeping the Pro hunter FX, but what specifically needs to be done to improve the trigger? Also, can most anyone do this fix or should I take it to someone specific? Thanks, Mark.

Not even a debate in my mind- TC is a great gun! Plus its the one your dad actually picked out and im sure he would be deep down happier with you shooting a deer with that one:) - im sure it is easy to do on your own- but I would just take mine into a gun shop or a basspro/cabelas and have them do it for ya- easy and pretty inexpensive if I remember correctly

Last edited:
If both were standing side bt side and given a choice, wouldn't even consider the CVA. Course I've had my Encore for about, can't even remeber when I bought it I guess.

Top Bottom