Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Pulley System

I guess there is some sense to that response from the CO. However, if you are hauling out a quartered deer with a buck tag, what's the issue ??

Not that difficult to leave some gender ID parts attached to at least the hind quarters. Many western states require that for transport. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to match front & back quarters. I'm thinking that CO was just "flexing his/her muscle" a bit.

2011 I got a nice buck in Davis County he ended up deep in a ravine. The guy I was hunting with used his winch with added cable and we got him right out. I ended up getting a ATV this year and it was the first thing I asked "does it have a winch" I am also thinking about one for the truck in case I am needed to load up the animal, portable, hook one side to fifth wheel ball and winch him right in.

My simple solution...strong, athletic, teenage son :D

NWBuck

No kiddin!!! My family makes me do everything when it comes to hunting except posting! Haha :D i have to push everything (i actually like to cause then i might get a shot before them and i just like to walk so) but then i got to gut everything, drag everything and ext. Haha but its fun and good time with the family

No kiddin!!! My family makes me do everything when it comes to hunting except posting! Haha :D i have to push everything (i actually like to cause then i might get a shot before them and i just like to walk so) but then i got to gut everything, drag everything and ext. Haha but its fun and good time with the family

Part of bein the young gun! Same way for me.. "Hey see that hill with a 80 degree incline and the jungle of briers at the top?" "Yeah, better put on your walkin boots! Well be on the other side."

It's the same in waterfowl hunting, you have to carry the decoys a mile just to wade out to set them and at the end of the day when your frozen you have to pick them all up while not being able to feel your fingers.. glad I'm not the young one anymore

I used to use a pulley system when I hunted alone in the National Forest many years ago. Cant remember exactly how I did it. But I remember that I had a double pulley and a single pulley. You tie one pulley to the deer's body and one to the tree above you. Cant remember which one had the double pulley, but if you try it, you will figure it out. You then need a very long rope to lift the deer out. If you have at least 100' of rope, you can only move the deer up 50' at a time. So this pulling rope needs to be long. The great beauty of it is that in order to get the deer up the hill, you are pulling downhill instead of pulling up on the deer. You use you weight instead of strength to move the deer. The pulleys do the work. As you pull downhill on the rope the deer goes up. And yes it does take a long time to do cause you have to tie and untie the pulleys to each new tree. BUT, I would rather take 3 hours to get the deer out, than to have a heart attack trying to pull up hill.(or not get it out at all alone.)

Top Bottom