Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did I Miss Something

CurtisWalker

Seems like an old lady convention on here. Everyone nagging at each other and gossiping. Was this the theme for January?

Tired of residents bashing the non residents on here. The guys on here want the same thing as we residents do. I haven't seen any of them say they wanted tags every year. I bet most of the NR on here do more than most of the residents complaining. We should be teaming up not fighting each other.

Outfitters, yes they are bad for areas because they are not regulated like they should be. The government should manage the outfitters and charge a tax and limit the amount of hunting by the amount of acres. At least we aren't like Illinois, Kansas, or Texas. Yes, the thread was taken down by the moderators, respect their decisions they try to keep the site together.

I'd hate to be just a visitor on here because lately these threads have been making us as hunters (residents and nonresidents) look selfish and greedy. Settle our differences and start getting along. The problem we need to be working out is how the herd should be managed.

Sound like a bunch of sorority girls.

My rant is done

Yes you did miss something. Read some threads and you will find that non resident land owners think they deserve more tags. Residents(people that reside in iowa) think allowing more tags to nrlos(non resident land owners) will attract more out of state buyers and take hunting access(from buying ground) away from residents. I will let you make your on judgement on the topic(main point of discussion).

Yes you did miss something. Read some threads and you will find that non resident land owners think they deserve more tags. Residents(people that reside in iowa) think allowing more tags to nrlos(non resident land owners) will attract more out of state buyers and take hunting access(from buying ground) away from residents. I will let you make your on judgement on the topic(main point of discussion).

I recall one thread coming up about the lawsuit that caused all this. Don't remember any of the NRLOs on the site complaining. Yes I know what the topics are kind of hard to miss them when it is every other thread. A lot of the NRLO don't want more tags they are fine with it the way it is because they know it won't be the same if it does change. Then some of the Residents are so tunnel visioned they put all the NRLOs in the same category and are fighting about nothing just because of the state status. Fighting back and forth on here isn't going to change a thing.

Well we could do reflections as Air Assault did. Good way to learn things.

Talk strategies for next year and lessons learned

You know the norm.., instead of painting a bad image for the site

Did you miss what Curtis's main point of this thread was? To stop the nagging and arguing? All your gonna do is light another fire with this statement.

Curtis I agree with you 100% on everything above. Good post!

To answer your question.....yes, you missed a lot. Some day, you may figure out what it was you missed. For now, enjoy your bliss.

Of course he missed a lot because he supported a NRLO. God forbid. Fletch you will eat your words one day, I guarantee. I will be the first to meet you at the border. Can't wait. Still can't figure out your 2003 join date and very few posts. Care to explain. I agree with others who think you don't own a stitch of land and don't allow one NR to hunt. If so, who are they? Give them a call and have them endorse your bull on this site. I'm sure they would be willing to come on here and say what a great landowner you are. Waiting.

Last edited:
Apparently I didn't see this post that was locked, but.....nrlo's DO WANT A TAG EVERY YEAR!!!! Make no mistake about that, u would have to be blind not to figure that out.

You little girls never stop arguing about crap. What happened to this site? I remember when it was just about hunting and sharing things. Now it's all political bullcrap. Stop whining about there being less deer want more deer? Don't shoot any. Stop whining about NR's, you get 2 or 3 any-sex tags a year they get one every 3 years and have to pay $625. This is site is constent bashing, whining, and most of you guys are even to scared to share trail camera pictures because some guy is going to come in and hunt your deer. This isn't why I joined the site, I joined it to learn from others experiences and share mine. This site isn't growing much because you push people and attack them. This high school girl drama isn't very much fun.

. This is site is constent bashing, whining, and most of you guys are even to scared to share trail camera pictures because some guy is going to come in and hunt your deer.

Your darn right i won't post it. if you have a monster on cam go ahead post it up I'm sure their is neighboring ground "Xyxt" the name that can't be said, or anyone else would lease to get a crack at him.

It seems to be pretty typical internet hunting site subject matter for the after season lull. I used to get sucked into it all and sometimes still do if I have something I feel worth while to add but that does not often happen. I can't wait for Turkey season!

Of course he missed a lot because he supported a NRLO. God forbid. Fletch you will eat your words one day, I guarantee. I will be the first to meet you at the border. Can't wait. Still can't figure out your 2003 join date and very few posts. Care to explain. I agree with others who think you don't own a stitch of land and don't allow one NR to hunt. If so, who are they? Give them a call and have them endorse your bull on this site. I'm sure they would be willing to come on here and say what a great landowner you are. Waiting.

The entire premise behind the push from NRLO's is to get a tag every year or preference because they own land. I have no idea if he supported a NRLO and don't care. Just pointing out the he seemed to miss the meat of the debate.

As far as me owning ground.....I could not care less if you believe that. I certainly wont be wasting any time in proving a single thing to you. More than one person on this site knows the truth and it makes you look foolish. But, you have got to be getting used to that.

Curtis--thanks for your comment. I'll admit I feel a Landowner should get some type of preference. More buck tags, well I see both sides on that. I believe Iowa should offer +1 preference and one doe tag per 40 (reasonable price).

Your point makes sense, we are all in this together, we should all work together so we can all see good numbers of deer and have that chance at a mature buck!!

Top Bottom