Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frost Level?

Just put in a new well at the cabin (near Leech Lake) and they trenched pipes down at least 8 feet up there. Been watching the weather up there & it's been 20-30 below a lot so I have to believe there is a good reason for it.

Here is a question. With the bare ground, and Artic Blasts. How deep does the frost go? Just deeper and deeper, with every Blast of cold?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=frost+depth+map&qpvt=frost+depth+map&FORM=IGRE#a

th

example

I meant deeper and deeper the frost. Yes ,as has been the case most of Winter. Snow falls across NE IA, and some SE Iowa. The Majority of the moisture imput still remains across the South and Eastern quarter of the US. Some into the Rockies from the Pacific, but if you look at the drought Monitor. A whole lot of the US is involved.

I meant deeper and deeper the frost. Yes ,as has been the case most of Winter. Snow falls across NE IA, and some SE Iowa. The Majority of the moisture imput still remains across the South and Eastern quarter of the US. Some into the Rockies from the Pacific, but if you look at the drought Monitor. A whole lot of the US is involved.

I figured you would get some snow and keep the frost from going any deeper. :rolleyes:

As a no-till farmer, I hope for a good "frost heave" every winter. It loosens the soil and might kill a few pests.

Top Bottom