Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ben's first turkey

Here is my son Ben’s first turkey.

He got it Tuesday morning before school and we were both pretty excited. We had hunted both Saturday and Sunday and wasn’t able to close the deal. He ended up missing a nice tom on Sunday morning and it was heartbreaker for both of us.

On Monday night I made the call that we were going to go Tuesday since we are unable to hunt the rest of youth season and. The morning came and we had some jakes come in right off the bat and wasn’t able to get a shot on them. They worked off and about 30mins later this tom comes right in to the jake decoy and my son drilled him. The shot was about 12yrds and the 20g did the job.

Heck he was even able to make it to school...just a little late then had to show the principal some pictures.

It was 22lbs, 1 ¼” spurs and a 9” beard.

I wasn’t able to catch much pre-roll footage of him strutting and coming in but I was able to catch the kill shot on camera, I will warn people its graphic and there was some excitement/emotion.

I will say that I thought I had a exciting hunting career and experiences but this surpassed it completely. He is already looking forward to deer season now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom