Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poachers in Monroe, Mahaska, and Wapello...

madplotter

PMA Member
Been a terrible end to the bow season in this area. We have found 6 carcasses on our farms and bordering ground. Two miles away another four with two spots in between having one dead deer each. Was just told that several, no exact number, were found 10 miles to the east.

Really takes the wind out of your sails when you hunt an area recently decimated by EHD. DNR is involved but poachers are tough to catch. The most unfortunate part is that most folks have a real good idea who it is but proving it can be tough...

I had to make a call a couple weeks ago. Appears they missed but they are still out there. Monroe county.

[CO won't get back to me.[/QUOTE] Been there done that. And then they say if we don't catch them in the act or you didn't get a picture there's nothing we can do.

I tell you what the Co we have that covers Oakridge is a tough girl. She already checked us twice this year. Stacey is her name.

I hunt in keokuk and Iowa county. There are shots fired 98% of the time at sunset each sit. Keokuk is worse. It's messed up.

Don't worry about getting feedback from CO's takes a lot to build a case provide them with as much info as you can and let them take it from there. Share the info with anyone that you think will keep there eyes open. Unless you want to go crazy vigilante on them not much else to do. At least this state has serious penaltys if they get a conviction.

While shotgun hunting Wapello county this past weekend we found two bucks with their racks cut off a inch up off the base. One of them I couldn't fit my hand around the base. Who shoots a huge deer like that and cuts the rack off a inch up? The land owner that was with us was not impressed either.

Wish we just had CO's.....my county is open atm.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I had a very good response from the CO. He came out and walked the farm. I give him props as he was all over it and this was at the end of first season shotgun so I know he was burning the candle at both ends. The DNR showed up last weekend and checked at least one group. Props to Dallas Davis and the others in our area, they are on it.

Our CO's are great and are usually right ontop of things. It may take 3-4 phone calls but they will sometimes look into it before returning a phone call.
Ive had my fare share of not returned calls but I can only imagine how many calls one officer may get during gun season or bow season for that matter. They cant be everywhere at once.
I wish there was more officers but i wish for alot of things

Top Bottom