Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Allamakee CWD Meetings

If u guys get a chance look up the cwd containment plan on the dnr website. If I read it right it looks like they should already be killing deer, I think they are doing an additional round of testing. I would guess that after this round of results come back that they will start killing deer within the affected area. The sec of agriculture will give the dnr the power to hunt private lands, and it's basically eradication in that area.

I agree. He was asked lastnight what the CWD Plan was and if they're following it. He said yes first we talk to the public and see what they want to do and then go from there. Which now is to test 200 more deer immediately and then come up with a game plan. Yeah we'll see if we get a vote when the real show starts.

When they wanted to kill the elk up here a few years ago people went nuts so they held a meeting very similar to lastnight. Scared us with the same CWD crap and said they were gonna kill them all. And that's what they did. Baited and killed them on private ground.

I hate to say it, but I believe there was more than likely a deer in Worth county that possibly could have CWD. The DNR was called about it, they put it down and were testing it. Hearsay was that they were pretty sure it was the same symptoms they have seen in other deer. So you are talking 90+ miles away. I sure hope it wasnt the case, but the rumblings I have heard it doesnt sound good. I say we leave them alone, as even if its there, you will never keep the deer out...

I heard 50 out of the Yellow River Forest area tomorrow, and the remainder will be around the Yellow River Forest area.

I wonder if the pen raised deer and elk herds were tested in allamakee
County. We moved to allamakee county to retire,deer,trout,Mississippi
River. Turkey hunting. Pretty disappointed how the deer herd has declined
The past few years.southern end mainly.

It's not possible to check live animals for CWD. I know when they got rid of the "wild elk herd" none tested positive.

I watched a cwd show drurys put on a couple years ago. They were testing for cwd in live deer in wyoming. Apparently it can be done!

I actually just read some article from the east coast and they claimed a rectal tissue test on live deer is possible and was just as accurate.

I heard 50 out of the Yellow River Forest area tomorrow, and the remainder will be around the Yellow River Forest area.

Was in yellow river forest earlier today, that explains why I saw a group of 6 or 7 hunters all wearing blaze orange and there was a doe lying next to their truck.

Thanks jj
Pretty good numbers in that area"compared to mine"
Would be interesting to know how many bucks are killed.
Still think some of the fence areas should be monitored.

Top Bottom