Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heaviest turkey.....

Deer&Ducks

PMA Member
...you've ever killed? Shot a tom this spring that weighed in at 28.6lbs & am wondering what everyone else's heaviest bird weighed. Buddy & I were joking that all the other turks probably called this one Butterball behind his back.

26 pounds was the heaviest bird I have shot and he had a double beard. Most are around the 22-23 pound range for me.

I shot a 29.1 once and two other times I called in 29-1/2 pounders that someone hunting with me shot. All three of those birds were quite wary and two of them were finally killed as they got a little antsy and finally came to the call just before a big rainstorm started...after multi-hour standoffs each.

The 29.1 that I killed had already skirted me twice that morning, so I laid down and took a nap, woke up and called once more very softly and he snuck in and got himself shot.

There was a 37.6 pound bird killed in Kentucky this spring. I'm pretty sure it's the new world record.

First turkey I ever shot was down in Missouri when there were no turkeys at all around home. Weighed over 31# at the check in station and all the guys there were oohing and aahing over it - I didn't have any idea what a trophy he was at the time. Wish i would have kept that bird to mount but that was over 25 years ago and I never could have afforded to do any such thing back then. Paid no attention to length of spurs or beard back then - just wanted to shoot my first turkey. Kind of refreshing now that I look back on it, times sure have changed.

First one in 1983 was 25 pounds. Only one other weighed over 24. Most of the other 20 or so toms were 21 to 23. Guess I just shoot the skinny ones....

My bro in law shot a 32#er with 2" hooks two years ago in Michigan....biggest I've ever been around!

After a number of toms over the last 30+yrs the heaviest has been 24.25# until a couple of weeks ago I arrowed a 27.5# tom. Normally they have always ran in the 20-22# range.

After a number of toms over the last 30+yrs the heaviest has been 24.25# until a couple of weeks ago I arrowed a 27.5# tom. Normally they have always ran in the 20-22# range.

Dang Kelly! Did you get him across the road?

Top Bottom