Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boots

bkcrrtnps

Poking at replacing my boots this year and trying to decide between neoprene with thin dilate or lace up...any opinions? The rocky core look pretty good...

I have 800gram BOA Snake Boots from Cabela's aren't hot when it's hot and are warm when it's cold. You'd be surprised I think! Plus a lifetime warranty.

How much do you wanna spend?
Will they be used mostly for hiking or sitting in a stand?
I have different boots for different jobs, and different times of the year.
For stand hunting the early season, I have a pair of non insulated Lacrosse Alpha Burly.
For stand hunting when temps start to dip below 50, I have a pair of Muck Woody Max.
I plan on picking up some hiking boots this year that I can use out west, and for shed hunting around here.
I have it boiled down to a pair of Kenetreks or Lowas......either way i'll be dropping about $400 on boots.....
Good boots can make or break your outdoor experiences, so get the gear that applies to how you will be using it.

I have muck arctic pros and like them a lot. I have lacrosse but not quite as warm. Same style of boot. Those r a little lighter though. Have lace up Irish setter pack boots I like too. For sure had to try some different boots and socks to get what I liked. Sock liners & heavy wool socks with plenty of extra room inside boot (so not too tight) helped a lot. I still like boot blankets if really cold. They do work and cheap. Kinda clumsy even though u only have on while sitting. But they work.

Lacrosse aerohead boots are very light when it comes to weight but very warm. I have both 3.5 and 7mm boots. I just wear a pair of redhead wool socks and my feet never get cold. I would buy them over Muck Boots any day. Very comfortable.

How much do you wanna spend? Will they be used mostly for hiking or sitting in a stand? I have different boots for different jobs, and different times of the year. For stand hunting the early season, I have a pair of non insulated Lacrosse Alpha Burly. For stand hunting when temps start to dip below 50, I have a pair of Muck Woody Max. I plan on picking up some hiking boots this year that I can use out west, and for shed hunting around here. I have it boiled down to a pair of Kenetreks or Lowas......either way i'll be dropping about $400 on boots..... Good boots can make or break your outdoor experiences, so get the gear that applies to how you will be using it.

I have the woody max now and anything below freezing and my feet freeze

Leather Danners 200g insulation for later fall, no insulation for start of the season. Put boot blankets on when I get to my set. If it is really cold out I change into Mickey Mouse Boots.

I wear the under armour boots that are like the muck boots. I didn't have a problem at all last year even in the -30 windchill

If you ever walk through any kind of briars or multiflora rose, any timber in general, steer clear from neoprene!

If you ever walk through any kind of briars or multiflora rose, any timber in general, steer clear from neoprene!
I had my first pair of muck boots for 12 years and used them farming everyday, even ran a pitch fork through them and they remained waterproof so I have to disagree with that statement

Leather Danners 200g insulation for later fall, no insulation for start of the season. Put boot blankets on when I get to my set. If it is really cold out I change into Mickey Mouse Boots.

Agreed! I also have high ankle leather Danners for early, rubber lacrosse depending on how wet it is and Mickey Mouse for cold. There is no one boot for all situations, for the money the Mickey Mouse boots are awesome for extreme cold though. Just tie em to your pack and throw em on when you get to where you're going.

The new lacrosse aeroheads are awesome. Very light, comfortable, and warm. Cant imagine anything better.

Lifetime warranty anyone?

So I am in the same boat. Looking for upland boots and possibly some stand boots. What I hate is I have been burned in the past on boots. Most recently Rockys that I ordered end of spring turkey and used 2 times(walking all of 400 yards in them) then the next year they leaked. Called them and I was a week late on the 1 year warranty. I did a search last night on lifetime warranty boots. Knew that LL Bean did them although I am not a fan of the styles. Cabelas does a lifetime warranty on their boots as well. May be worth looking into. I have never had a boot that has looked trashed when it sprung a leak so I am gonna do that. Order it online. Put a warranty file in my email and then put the receipt in there. If they leak, they are going back for a exchange. I have no reason to think that they won't honor it.

I have gone to any boot that slips on easy . Laces easy . I only go to rubber or similar when I know the river crossing requires it. I never walk far enough that hard core boots matter while deer hunting in Iowa. Easy on at the truck, easy off at the truck. That is critical to me in a boot.

I tried on a pair of Aeroheads last week in Scheels. The size ran true, slightly big but I also had much thinner socks on than what I would be wearing out hunting. They were extremely comfortable but I had some slippage going on around my heal while I was walking. Again, I had thin socks on which didn't help and I also have pretty narrow feet. Very comfortable, but for me, I would be concerned about the wear and tear on my heal if I walked very much.

I have the Danner pronghorn boots and they have lasted so long the first thing that went wrong with them is the lace wore out. Still completely waterproof and warm and comfortable. Personally the best lace up boot for bang for your buck. Plus, if you get them from Scheels and they have any problems Scheels will provide great customer service for you.

Top Bottom