Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Am I the first?

Fishbonker

Life Member
To shoot a yote this year?

2015-10-01_09-47-31_999_zpsuq2cyrxg.jpg

10/01/15 about 0945. She came up a hill into a food plot. Didn't see her because of the cedar trees between us but once she came into view it was twang, thump, yelp, spin once, dead. Prolly 4 seconds total. I judged 35 yards, she was 30 so it hit a titch high but with a 1.75" cut it was close enough. This is the exit side.

Last year's 'yote wasn't a confirmed kill until a week or so later.

A view from the top of the ridge. I include the pic because I can and did stand there for several minutes just taking in the view.

2015-10-02_08-29-22_891_zpscarzieza.jpg

Last edited:
I stuck one opening night bout 6 clock. twang thump yelp 2" rage ate him up. I heard of another guy shot a black one opening night as well.

I stuck one yesterday morning while slow walking an area after I got out of my stand around 9 am. I had seen a coyote near a pond just a little earlier and I have a feeling it saw me and came to check me out. I ended up locking eyes with it at roughly 15 yards as it was just above me, at about eye level 1/2 way up a small rise into a small spot of timber. It was crouched down low just staring at me, which was a little unsettling at the moment, but I had time to draw and fire w/o it taking off. It sure hit the after burners after I shot it though. I believe I caught it in the front shoulder area and the arrow did a complete pass through somewhere on the coyote as I found the arrow with blood/hair all over the broadhead, shaft and fletching. I'm not sure if it was a fatal shot or not. I looked for it for quite a while but I have no idea which direction it took off after busting through some brush as I couldn't find a distinct blood trail at all, just a few small drops near where I shot it and in the area of the brush it bolted through. I'm taking my 11 yr old son out with me this afternoon since they don't have school today to see if by chance we can find a dead coyote somewhere close by. :D

Top Bottom