Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Losing my mind!!!

I found a one lung hit buck three days later at a pond near where I last found blood. He was still alive but could barely stand up. Keep looking! Good luck!

Yep I agree. No "void". Keep at it and it sounds like one lung with possibilities of liver/paunch. It's amazing how broadside deer can actually be quartering to us more than we think. This leads to alot of one lung and liver/paunch on exit. Still it's a mortal wound no doubt. He's out there so keep at it. Terrible feeling as have been there but there is still a good chance you find him. Good luck!

Yea, I thought if it was legal I would let me bird dog follow a long with me and maybe he would catch wind of him and find him. He works pretty close to me.. I don't want to piss other people off..

Yea, I thought if it was legal I would let me bird dog follow a long with me and maybe he would catch wind of him and find him. He works pretty close to me.. I don't want to piss other people off..

Pheasant season opens Saturday, am I right? Just saying...

Although to be clear...I would not advocate taking a walk with a dog on property that you do not have permission to be on. But if you are searching, I mean pheasant hunting, on property that you have permission on...then I hope you get one!

I'm with Daver on this one. I wish Iowa would make it legal for tracking dogs. Even if there only certified people and you had to pay them a set fee. I would use them in situations like this.

Top Bottom