Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile???

deadeye

A bit disappointed... I really like checking in on this site. It seems in today's world the best way to keep in touch is via a mobile device. How are most people keeping dibs on this site - especially if you are doing it via a mobile device?

I do have a few gripes... I have been an Android user for quite some time. After having a temp iPhone for a work travel trip I discovered that there is quite a difference in the user experience.

Things I have noticed with Android. First off the App hasn't been updated since Dec 2012 and talks about 4.2 bug fixes. I can't view probably over half the pictures and the ones I can are almost larger in the post than when actually clicking on the picture. If you click and open in browser at least the browser then is formatted OK for a mobile device, but still don't see many of the pictures. I have heard the app is terrible - just use a browser. If I use the browser with my device it is very hard to navigate (it's not very mobile friendly). So I don't know how people are just using the browser and not the app.

I do not know when the last update for iOS (iPhone) was released. Wish I would have paid attention. However the mobile app worked pretty good. When clicking on photos they would load full screen and you could click next or previous to scroll through them all. This experience is MUCH better than on Android.

I haven't used the browser on a PC too much in the last few years, but it doesn't seem like the site has been updated very much on the standard site either.

So for all you mobile users and especially Android users out there how are you finding is the easiest, most enjoyable method for keeping updated on this site?

THANKS

I browse it thru the normal Internet function. I never had any luck with the app and uninstalled it within a day.

Life got a lot easier on using IW when I got my iPhone. Photos on the other hand is not good many problems with that part of IW for myself. The easiest for me is photobucket when posting pics.

I use the app with my droid. Pics show up in the posts MAYBE 50% of the time. When they don't show up, I just hit the options button and open browser. That takes me right to the same page in browser format and I can usually see the pics there. Kind of a pain, but the navigation with the app is so much better on the phone that using the browser format all the time.

I use the app on my iPhone. Usually works fairly well. I have noticed lately tho that I can't see all the photos. A couple harvest post all I can do is read the stories.

I use the app with my droid. Pics show up in the posts MAYBE 50% of the time. When they don't show up, I just hit the options button and open browser. That takes me right to the same page in browser format and I can usually see the pics there. Kind of a pain, but the navigation with the app is so much better on the phone that using the browser format all the time.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have the same problem.

Same.... no adds on app

For whatever reason I can no longer post from the app on my Android phone. I can view, just can't post. There's no option...

For whatever reason I can no longer post from the app on my Android phone. I can view, just can't post. There's no option...

I have the same issue. You have to quote an existing post to comment on a thread. There is no option to start a new thread.

App? What's an app? Do you browse the app or app the browse?

I used to be able to take a photo and post direct to the site from my android but that doesn't work anymore. That could be due to my phone, err, uhh, I mean "device" is a little old at 5 years but change is the enemy. I was traumatized when I gave up my Blackberry with its real keys. I can't download photos from my "device" anymore either. I have to send the photos to my email and open them on my real computer.

Anyhow, the site is free for basic users so I don't complain when it might not work as well as I want, but then I don't want much.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have the same problem.
I recently noticed this as well on the iPhone, on a couple of the harvest posts. If you hold on the text of the post for a second, it will open up a new screen that you can open the photos from. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using IW

The app frankly sucks outside of the logo.

It's pretty easy once you get used to it, I can't remember the last time I made a post using my computer. Wish they had some more developers on it to help out and fix the bugs. Haven't updated it in about a year and there haven't been any new updates in that long.

95% of the time I use the iPhone app. Every once and a while pics won't load, but I don't have any major complaints with it.

It's pretty easy once you get used to it, I can't remember the last time I made a post using my computer. Wish they had some more developers on it to help out and fix the bugs. Haven't updated it in about a year and there haven't been any new updates in that long.

The appbis easy to use but I can never see pics on it. That is why it sucks for at least Android. Seems like people are having good luck with I phones.

Top Bottom