Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Nov Movement

TimmyD525

PMA Member
Been hunting hard and can't get it all to come together. Hoping tomorrow or this weekend all the pieces come together. Haven't hunted this time of year much, what are your opinions on what bucks are doing this time of year and best locations to hunt morning vs evenings?

Thanks for the advice

I agree with above but don't rule out bucks still cruising this time of year. There are still lingering does needed to be bred and big bucks looking to get it on.

The last couple sits. I've been hunting a travel corridor between bedding and food. Seen a nice mature 10 point and a 2.5 year old buck. Quite a few does. Haven't been hunting mornings.

Anyone on here been having luck in the mornings??

I posted this in another thread today but after moving stands for muzz season I went squirrel hunting and at 12:30 a really nice buck walked through checking scrapes. Only 20 yards away on the ground made it a pretty neat experience. Big 9 pt 4 yr old. I think this whole week and weekend you could shoot a big one at any time of day.

It's still November fellas. Right in the middle of some of the best hunting of the season. There are still does coming into estrus. There are doe groups coming back together and the best place to find a buck is still pinch points and terrain features all day and on food sources in the afternoon, preferably downwind of major food sources.
I filled my tag last Sunday 200 yards downwind of a major food source. The older bucks that have played this game are still looking and they know where to go without running around a food source checking every doe...
This time of the year to me is like the last week of 4th season turkey, most of the hens are on a nest "have been bred" but the fellas are still trying to find that last one. Keep after it!
I tagged out on my 84th hour on stand since November 6th. Right place at the right time is all it takes

What Rich said, I have a 170" 10pt chasing a doe in front of me right now grunting and sparking with other bucks not legal shooting light yet!!!!! Come on! Haha

Yep, this is a very good time of year. The mature bucks seem to be on their feet again around Thanksgiving.

Will be out Fri-Sun. Probably going to sit all day for the last hurrah before evening only sits during the month of December. Good luck to all.

Really quick sit this morning. Had a nice buck come in to the decoy before shooting light. Just after light I rattled in a little basket 7. After I left I ran to another property to drop the decoy off for this afternoon. There was a very nice tall 8 pushing a doe around about 150 yards from the road. I'd say a 3 year old. 130-135 ish.

Just got into some public for an evening hunt. Have two doe tags to fill and my nephew still has a any see to fill. We seen three gut piles walking in so they are dropping like flies right now. I'm hunting a partial cut bean field he's hunting some partial cut corn so let's see what happens.

One of my bests hunts ever was thanksgiving a couple years ago. Had about 12 does/fawns out feeding in front of me and 2 big bucks 140plus out checking them early in the morning. By mid morning more does out there and a few more bucks out chasing them. Had to get down about 11 though for thanksgiving.

A couple days before that I had two mature bucks run a doe right by me within in range but wouldn't stop.

I think member 6x6 has tagged out in the first couple days of December even for the past few seasons.

I'm a believer in the mature bucks being out searching come late November.

I got out this afternoon and didn't even see a leaf move. The birds were barely making noise. Hopefully the cold this weekend gets them moving again.

Last edited:
I slipped in to a transition area from bed to food and hung a stand. Sat from 2-dark. Ended up seeing one doe and a buck cruising at last light. Too dark to see what he was but I think he was good. Quiet sit compared to most.

Good last few hours for me today, saw 12 does and one being pushed by a young 8 point. Last light another young limping 8 point came out alone. All fairly close to a cut bean field. Morning sit up until last two hours were dead. Did see two bucks traveling together in a neighbors backyard 400 yards away. Can't locate the mature bucks yet. Lots of does with no bucks following them, wonder if once they are bred they aren't even checked out anymore???

Top Bottom