Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawkeyes

All of this talk will be irrelevant when they lose to MS this weekend....

Funny guy...I hope. I would have a much better feeling if the Hawks didn't play to their competition so much. I feel like there should have been a few blowout games that weren't, but instead we just squeaked by. We'll all know Saturday night, but regardless of outcome, I hope to see a good game...or a lopsided game in Iowa's favor. That would be okay too. :D

You're correct. If they lose all the talk is for nothing. Except they had a hell of a season and no matter what it continues after Saturday. Go Hawks
I'm not discounting what they've done at all to be clear. I do think OSU is the best team in the Big 10 and had an off day a week ago against MSU. I would rather see them playing MSU this weekend. OSU is the team no one wants to face in crunch time

I'm not discounting what they've done at all to be clear. I do think OSU is the best team in the Big 10 and had an off day a week ago against MSU. I would rather see them playing MSU this weekend. OSU is the team no one wants to face in crunch time

All I hear is Blah blah blah blah blah Go Hawks :)

Iowa would match up better with OSU then MSU. OSU has zero pass game, zero!!! The Hawks have a solid run D and therefore I think they could stack it up against OSU and play very well. Matching up with Cook and the MSU pass game is going to be tough.

Go Hawks!!!

:D

That's why there are divisions. OSU had their chance against MSU and decided to piss it down there leg and not give Elliot the ball. That's their fault and has nothing to do with Iowa. So if ya wanna cry about it call Urban and tell him how you think it should go.
Oh and when Iowa beats MSU, in theory that means they're better than OSU cuz MSU beat them right?:D

Last edited:
Iowa would match up better with OSU then MSU. OSU has zero pass game, zero!!! The Hawks have a solid run D and therefore I think they could stack it up against OSU and play very well. Matching up with Cook and the MSU pass game is going to be tough.

Go Hawks!!!

Bingo - Jarin hit the nail squarely with those comments. Hopefully King has a great game and gets some INTs.

Bingo - Jarin hit the nail squarely with those comments. Hopefully King has a great game and gets some INTs.

Exactly. I'm being optimistic that King, Lomax, and Mabin can all play well and the Linebackers can stick to assignments we have a legitimate shot. If that doesn't happen Cook will tear the defense apart.

Iowa would match up better with OSU then MSU. OSU has zero pass game, zero!!! The Hawks have a solid run D and therefore I think they could stack it up against OSU and play very well. Matching up with Cook and the MSU pass game is going to be tough. Go Hawks!!!
What did I just read? I'm the biggest anti OSU fan but I don't think Iowa has played anyone the caliber of OSU or MSU. It's a mute point though as they are playing MSU this weekend and I'm seeing MSU by 21

Unfortunately that's not how it works. They need to be currently ranked. I missed LSU. So they've beat two currently ranked. They beat the 23 and 25th ranked teams and got beat by the 16th ranked team at home. We've beat the #13 and #25 teams on the road. It all means nothing I just get sick of people assuming Alabama is great. They're probably the weakest of the top 4.

Alabama's schedule, is it or is it not tougher than Iowa's?

That is my entire point. Iowa's schedule was bad. (And again 12-0 is great, I'm not meaning to take away anything that they have accomplished this year) As for Bama's schedule, they've played the 5th toughest in the country. According to Sagarin they are 6-1 against the top 30. Iowa is 1-0 with a dazzling strength of schedule rank of 62nd. I understand this is just a statistic guru's formula but it does a solid job of sorting this stuff out. Obviously we have differing opinions on Alabama but in my opinion, Alabama and OU are CLEARLY the best two teams.

Bowtech, Notre Dame played the 19th toughest schedule this year FWIW.

OSU has the talent but hit some adversity and showed their true colors. What a bunch of whiners.

I love it when somebody takes it upon themselves to decide if others are wasting their breath or not. Iowa went 12-0 and controls their destiny. No better time to talk Hawk football. I'm on the bandwagon.

21 points? How much did you send to Vegas with that kind of confidence?

I hear no talk about Iowa's offense?

I'm not worried about their offense. They will put points on the board. The line will create holes and the backs will run through them. Beathard will hit Vandenberg often and the tight ends will have a couple big plays. The defense hasn't played a team that can throw it as well as the Spartans so that's why I am saying the defense needs to show up.

You suppose there's a michiganwhitetails.com that has the same thread?

Vegas has the Hawks as 3.5 dogs and a 52.5 O/U. Vegas also had the Hawks finishing 4th in the Western Division.

Take the Hawks lay the points and bet the under.

Not that I've ever wagered in my life or anything.

I'm not worried about their offense. They will put points on the board. The line will create holes and the backs will run through them. Beathard will hit Vandenberg often and the tight ends will have a couple big plays. The defense hasn't played a team that can throw it as well as the Spartans so that's why I am saying the defense needs to show up.
We need a better offense than showed up against Neb! For the most part Neb looked like they controlled the line and if you take away the 2 big TD runs, our offense was sputtering.

I should stay out of this thread... haha.

Bottom line if both teams play their A game, MSU wins. There is a distinct talent gap.

If MSU makes some mistakes, Iowa has a chance.

I should stay out of this thread... haha.

Bottom line if both teams play their A game, MSU wins. There is a distinct talent gap.

If MSU makes some mistakes, Iowa has a chance.

I was waiting for your reply. Which bar are you going to watch the game at? Haha
You're probably right but that's why the games are played. Case in point MSU vs OSU.
Either way I can't wait to watch the game. Hopefully it can be in celebration because someone in our group harvested a giant opening morning. Either way I will be cheering on the winner when the CFP come along.

Top Bottom