Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your Go too call.

isu22andy

Diaphram? slate? box ? Played with some gooserbats last year just couldnt get them to sound like my raspy old hen from HS Strut. Still think my slate sounds the best but looking for other options. Whats your go to ? :drink2:

$20 HS Strut Black Widow Glass pot call. I have many calls much more expensive than this one but this one is my go to call. Just flat out works every time.

Just had two John Sinclair custom calls come in the mail. One slate and one titanium I have high expectations for them and can`t wait to try them out.

My favorite is the old "frictionite" slate call from Primos, I think. I'm not much good with a diaphragm, so I use this exclusively along with half a dozen or so different strikers.

Slate call. A slate was the first call I tried when I was younger so I'm most comfortable with it. And I am horrible with diaphragm calls!

Primos power crystal! I've used it for years and have killed alot of birds using that call! Between that and my Dave Smith decoys it's just a deadly combination! Always would loose my strikers but now I run a rope through the end so I can wear it as a necklace...seems to work good!

I can't keep that tongue tickling, gag inducing diaphragm in my mouth early in the mornings so I rely on an old HS strut slate call!

I can't keep that tongue tickling, gag inducing diaphragm in my mouth early in the mornings so I rely on an old HS strut slate call!
Same here, haha! I still use mouth calls but a slate is my go to. Can't remember the brand, but I have one with an elastic strap on it so you can mount it to your gun, leg, arm, whatever, so you can keep a hand free.

I like my fox pro slate call and the cool thing with it is the striker has a coyote call built into it also and they both sound good I think but I'm far from being great with any call lol

Slate for most calling and diaphragm for close work. Just bought a new Lights Out copper slate call and it sounds awesome. Can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks.

GhostMaker custom calls, slate over glass. Ed Jenkins makes these and they are world class. I believe he has a few ribbons from the NWTF national competition to boot. I know many will have opinions but this is the best call I have ever touched.

Kratz

Stacked double split reed diaphram call. I call it the cheeseburger, and it's my favorite. Can really crank up the volume for long distance stuff and still dial it way down for close birds.

NWBuck

I make so much noise with all manner of different calls I never know which one the turkeys are coming to (if any of them :rolleyes:). Last one I got came in after I was making some rookie noises on one of FinBonz's wingbone calls so it's my current fave... :D

Top Bottom