Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which to go - first or second season?

deerhunter93

I'm debating whether to hunt first or second season this year but where I hunt is too far to scout often so I don't have a good idea what they are doing down there. What is everyone seeing as far as birds responding to calls? Would you go first or second season this year if you had to pick one?

I'd go second, just cuz the weather will be nicer. Of course I'll be out there opening day, but I took the day off in advance before I knew the forecast. I've had mixed results hunting in the rain in the past, so hopefully the weather holds long enough to get it done early.

Skip turkeys and go fishing!

Guys make a good argument about weather but I sure see a lot of birds out and about on damp days.

I'm jealous y'all can even go! We just got a foot of snow and 2-3ft in the mountains so I can't even make it to where I want to turkey hunt.

If you're the only one that has access to that farm/those birds, it won't make a bit of difference. Pick whichever one you have more time to get in the woods.

Top Bottom