Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile tree stand setups

Anyone still using the home made straps from climbing rope to get into bigger trees and without the metal hardware?

I don't but those lonewolf extension straps are definitely worth their weight in gold when you encounter a big tree. Saved me many times!!

You are right under 30 . I will not lie , first setup I did I cussed like crazy sweated my Ass off and said what am I getting myself into . Then I learned my way of doing it and what works for me . I.e. Taking off all the straps , using gear ties and bungee straps and Molle straps .

I got me a muddy vantage a couple years back. Love it! I strap six muddy climbing sticks to it and it's pretty darn heavy on the back though. Especially when carrying a bow and a separate backpack for an all day sit. I need to look into a better strap system for it.

Great set up. I will be using the leveler tree stand this year with my sticks. I picked up a boat load and actually have more than I need. Need to sell 10 of them at $100 per. I have them listed on the classifieds forum.
Stands%20to%20sell

Great set up. I will be using the leveler tree stand this year with my sticks. I picked up a boat load and actually have more than I need. Need to sell 10 of them at $100 per. I have them listed on the classifieds forum.
Stands%20to%20sell

Did you order the Leveler made by Innovative Treestands Inc? How high do you guys shoot for to hang, wondering as I have four Lonewolf sticks? I'm looking for a lighter yet adjustable stand. Thoughts...

Did you order the Leveler made by Innovative Treestands Inc? How high do you guys shoot for to hang, wondering as I have four Lonewolf sticks? I'm looking for a lighter yet adjustable stand. Thoughts...

Ive never heard of the leveler as most mobile setup guys rave about the lonewulfs although it has sparked my interest. I take 4 lone wulf sticks but usually only get to 3 and half high . 15-18 feet. No doubt in my mind you could get to 20 feet with 4 if you pushed things.

Here is my rig with some MOLLE straps off of amazon attached. Pretty much the same as most guys except I zip-tied a small gear pouch to the bottom of the stand. It works perfectly for holding my bow rope, tree strap and small hand saw.

That pouch for the bow rope and straps is a million dollar idea I never thought off . I always forget a bow rope , makes for a sketchy climb ! Thanks for that

One change I made is I switched to the blind hog gear hog pack and it will hold everything I can dream of for a days hunt plus highly organized. You can also hang it from an S hook so the pack is open flat against the tree and all the pockets are right there. I usually just hang it from the main hand strap and put a small hook in the tree if I want it open as well.

What I like about the pack is it lays flat and is not bulky. It nestles in perfect next to my sticks. When I am carrying in my insulated pants I will nestle them rolled up on the other side of my sticks and run a small ratchet strap holding everything together. My heavy pullover I just hang the hood over the top of the sticks and it rides perfect over everything.

Gear hog pack below.
https://www.amazon.com/Beard-Buster-Gear-Mossy-Breakup/dp/B003WHFYPO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1467862806&sr=8-4&keywords=blind+hog+gear+hog

Last edited:
How do you feel about the MOLLE straps ? Thanks for the follow up
The MOLLE straps are awesome, gonna make those long hikes much better.

That gear hog bag is a good idea too, would be perfect for keeping everything organized and easily accessible.

Anyone put any footrests on their stands ? Sometimes i feel like it would be nice to rock back in stand .

I hated how tall the 4 lone wolf sticks were on my treestand when you stack them, so I figured I'd experiment a bit. Turns out that you don't really need the quick quiver attachment at all. I attached the 4 sticks side by side independently, then strapped them on the stand. The bottom stick base doesn't line up perfectly with the seat on the lone wolf stand, but after cinching it down I was able to eliminate any movement or noise. We'll see how it holds up in hunting situations, but it seems pretty rock solid right now.

That lone wolf with 4 climbing sticks is exactly my setup for a good rock solid portable setup! I added the foot pegs to mine kinda nice for the long all day sits! Depends on the tree and how much trimming needs to be done I can have it hung and hunting in 5 minutes roughly!

Really impressed with the XOP quick connect brackets . Will be a lot slicker hanging the bracket with the stand on my back and sliding it in the slot .
faevo69mp

That is awesome! I wish lone wolf would come out with something like that so I don't have to buy all new stands just for that option!

Top Bottom