Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Needing new hunting clothes... Any suggestions?

BowHunter89

I'm in need of new hunting clothes. I've had a scent lock suit for a long time and it's starting to show its usage. I mainly hunt whitetail with a bow but want something that I can add layers to for late season muzzy. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks!

I bought Cabelas Berber fleece pants and their wooltimate pullover (both with windshear) just last year. Used it all bow season and late muzzy and coyote hunting January and February. It's not crazy warm but layering worked well. It is incredibly comfortable though. I've never been so cozy while hunting. It's a magnet for stick tights though. If you choose to go with it and can afford to wait another year, they have great sales for it on occasion.

I'd look @ first lite before Sitka , I'll say it once and I'll say it again buy camo for 45 degree weather anything colder - heater body suit .

There are a lot of good products on the market for whitetail hunters. There is Sitka and only Sitka:D

Lots of good advice above. I personally am not loyal to any one brand or camo pattern and there are so many good options out there these days. I would check them all out, try the stuff on and buy what you like best and what works best for you.

I own numerous different brands and camo patterns, so that I can match the habitat around me. I just buy a lot of thin, outer layers, usually a size or two up, that way I can wear them over layers if it's cold or as a base layer if it's warm.

Just remember, there are a lot of good quality, cool companies out there these days, and you'll look really cool in their stuff. But, nothing is cooler than sitting behind a big ole stud buck at the end of the season..... and nobody will care if you're wearing carhartts, plaid, Predator or Sitka! haha! ;)

There are so many high end types of good hunting clothes out there now- Sitka has the name and rightfully so. But the gap has certainly been narrowed as far as other good hunting clothes. Some under armor is good- some is bad- Browning came out with a new western cold gear style line that is really nice- Kryptek is a new line that also has some great clothes to offer. And there are some not big name brand wool lines that are killer- One thing is for sure- I believe you get what you pay for and they are certainly worth paying for quality apparel!

I spent more on wool baselayers and less on my outer wear. I don't need a 600$ jacket to stay warm or to hunt. I just don't see spending so much. I am sure it's nice, just not for me. First lite/ core 4 some cabelas e.c.w.c.s. and under armour outers

A while back, I had the opportunity to talk to one of the engineers at Gore (owns Sitka; think Gore-tex) and review some of the science behind Sitka and camouflage, in general. Interestingly, animals don't really discern the different camo patterns and the ones on the market are more about making us, as people, feel better. Sitka gets the edge because of the digital/fractal pattern that truly breaks up outlines and makes us harder to see by animals. There are several high quality clothing lines out there now, but I agree with others: you get what you pay for.

Having said that, I love my Sitka. When hiking in some of the rough country out here, it really does feel more comfortable, especially when you start going up some of the steep slopes. You don'g get that stretch in the crotch or pulling (combined with said stretch) in the thighs that you do with other types of camo clothing. Their new whitetail line is great and I've started stocking up on that for my hunts in the forested country out there.

Top Bottom