Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 Archery Antelope

TheMadCatter

Ended up not going through with being a hunting guide and enrolled back into school. I decided to make a hunting trip out of it since Antelope season opened the 15th of August in Wyoming. Even though I was in Wyoming Saturday I couldn't hunt until Sunday afternoon because of a few things.

I did a few spot and stalks and had a miss at 55 yards. I was able to stalk up on a couple of antelope that afternoon but no luck! Put out the blind and sat out until dark and had two bucks come within 40 yards but it was too windy to make the shot and I let them go. Monday I pretty much sat in the blind and watch a group of 30 antelope go in a circle and come within 70 yards but never any closer. This morning I figured they had to come drink! I didn't see anything besides a few grey fox and I didn't want to make any noise so I didn't shoot them. Around 7:45am I spotted a couple coming my way. They went right around the blind! I waited for them to go over the little dam and put a stalk on. They were feeding right over it at 30 yards and the buck broke off and headed my way. He stood perfectly broadside at 10 yards and he walked three feet and fell over. It was a perfect heart shot!

Had a lot of fun and can't wait for elk to open up Sept. 1st!

Last edited:
Nice job and nice pictures! What's the temp out there? It would be a loooong day sitting in a blind in the temps around here right now.

Nice job and nice pictures! What's the temp out there? It would be a loooong day sitting in a blind in the temps around here right now.

It only got up to about high 80's the other day for an hour. Mid 40's in the AM. Not awful, but it was hot for a while.

Congrats to you. You're going to have to shoot prairie dogs with your bow to tide you over till elk season. Fresh meat.

Good choice going back to school, hard to go back once you start making cash. Plus you are in gods country, just make it a 5 or 6 year degree.

Congrats on the speed goat and looking forward to following your 2016 season

Kratz

Top Bottom