Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics...want opinions from those who own, or have tried the product.

bpbowhunter

I am on the fence whether or not to purchase the HR-200 Ozonics system. From what I have read, most reviews on this product have been positive overall. Although, for the money it costs, I want to be thorough in my research. Thank you in advance for your responses!!!

Haha, here we go again.
Use the search tab for Ozonics. There is a really long thread it on already from previous years.

I don't have that ozonics unit, but we have a plug in wall unit and we use an eco wash ozone unit on our washing machine. It adds ozone to the water before it goes to the washer and takes away the need for detergents. It works well on most stuff at removing odors, but if the clothes are real bad I usually add some borax to aid the cleaning process. So I can attest that the science of ozone works at removing odors, but as far as the portable battery units go I have no experience. I can add that the plug in wall unit I have works best in an enclosed space where the ozone can fully saturate the stuff. Not sure if this helps, but I'm an advocate of ozone for scent control, I just use it prior to the hunt, as I don't want another thing to truck into the tree.

We use ozone to kill bacteria in water where I work. Bacteria is the source of odors. Does ozone work? Absolutely. But I highly doubt it will do much good in an open air situation hanging on a hook in your tree. Imagine you have a blue colored powder windicator and a yellow one. Squeeze the blue one where your head is and the yellow one where the ozone unit would be. Do you think by the time the powders are 10 yards away all you will see is green? Nope. Ozone needs saturation to be effective and that isn't going to happen with that set up. Yes I'm sure I'll catch crap for my analogy but that's the best way I can explain it. The best way to handle scent issues is to play the wind every time.
Inside a clothes storage tote it probably works great but you still need to play the wind. Nothing will mask your scent completely.

Be good for sealing your clothes in when you are not hunting but hanging in a tree is a waste of time.

Ozone will work for removing odors but those tree stand units dont work, Youd be better off buying a plug in unit and putting your clothes in a closed space with it,

I use a Scent Crusher bag, works great...I agree, I think in the open it would be hard to justify. They also sell truck units which makes a night and day difference

I believe there are numerous negatives to breathing and exposure to concentrated ozone in a confined space. Degrades rubber components also I believe. I stay away.

I believe there are numerous negatives to breathing and exposure to concentrated ozone in a confined space. Degrades rubber components also I believe. I stay away.

This is absolutely correct. Ozone at high concentrations is actually deadly.

I gave up the whole scent free routine and now use a chew can full of milkweed seed to see the direction . A lot less hassle then spraying down and changing clothes ect

I'd be curious how you guys train your deer to only approach you from upwind when you hunt?

Most of my stand locations can have the deer approaching me from any direction. One of my favorite kill stands I have shot 4 different P&Y+ bucks from and each one came at me from a different point on the compass. I take scent control very seriously and quite frequently kill big bucks directly downwind of me.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a "cure-all one step" for scent reduction. I use a multitudes of steps of preparation and careful procedures to remain as scent-free as possible. Nothing will make you 100% scent free but If each step is 10-20% effective and I take a dozen plus precautionary steps, I sure think it helps. Can ozone play a part as a step or even be used in multiple steps, yes it absolutely can be. Is it perfect and 100% all by itself, absolutely not.

I haven't washed my bow hunting clothes in at least 5 years! Honestly I have never washed them but they are pry 5 years old. I let them air out over the deck rail every once in a while then spray them down with what ever "scent eliminator" product I have and head for the tree. Once I'm in the tree I rub the hell out of it with evercalm and that's that. I don't truly believe there is a product on the market that's going to 100 percent fool a deers nose. I just do what I do because it seems to help. It definitely doesn't hurt.

For anyone who doubts ozone would work from an enclosed blind, borrow someone's unit and run it inside your truck for 15-20 minutes. It's relatively the same square footage as your blind and it's a night and day before and after result.

I agree that it's a non factor from a treestand, but I'm a big believer from a blind such as redneck, banks, shadowhunter, etc.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...work-ozone-scent-control-vs-drug-sniffing-dog I have never used ozonics or any ozone scent control units but have always been curious. Was scrolling through social media this morning and found this article that tests scent control on a drug sniffing dog. They do multiple tests where a man hides in a box and the dog has to find which box he is in. My thing is is that yes the dog found the man using your regular scent control procedures in less than 20 seconds and found the man using ozonics/ozone products in 50 seconds, but the man is in a box, where there is no wind or anything to blow the ozone away. What happens if you add wind to the equation.

I use scent crusher ozone go for my truck. Miracle worker. Had a minnow fall out of a minnow Bucket and didn't open my truck for two days- smelled like someone died. Less than 2 minutes it eliminated the smell.

Top Bottom