Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Someone has to say it

jkratz5

Good to see that the Clowns first stringers could hang with the Hawks second stringers in the 4th

image_zpsh3disnd8.jpeg

Yup! I'm glad they finally took a team behind the woodshed and actually put a beatin on them. Hope they can keep things rolling next week.

Clowns got thumped at their Super Bowl that's for sure.
So you didn't care about this game then, right? Iowa wants to win this game just as bad as Iowa State.

As a lifelong Cyclone fan, football is what we call a BRT or Basketball Recruiting Tool. 56 days until hoops.

So you didn't care about this game then, right? Iowa wants to win this game just as bad as Iowa State.

As a lifelong Cyclone fan, football is what we call a BRT or Basketball Recruiting Tool. 56 days until hoops.

The usual ISU fan response

I mean really, how good could our Ping Pong team be this year! I am sporting my gear already, I say all balls, no net, we are going all the way! Haha! You guys are to serious!
Happy Monday!

We just landed two 4 star recruits for basketball this weekend. I think ISU going to be a little disappointed in that arena this year also. We will see what happens December 8th at Carver?

We just landed two 4 star recruits for basketball this weekend. I think ISU going to be a little disappointed in that arena this year also. We will see what happens December 8th at Carver?
We shall see, rivalry games are weird and you never know what will happen but I don't see Iowa winning. Outside of Baer and Jok, the hawks are incredibly unproven. Tyler Cook will be a nice player but he's a freshman big man and if you follow college basketball, you know as well as I do that even the highest rated PF and C usually have a learning curve to make in the first half of the season. Jok is Jok and will get his 15+. And I'm a fan of Baer but he isn't going to carry you.

I don't see where they can get production. Monte Morris will eat the lunch of whoever Iowa trots out there to run the point. Christian Williams? He's hardly seen the floor. Bohannon? I question what he is doing at a power 5 school.

As for the commits you got this last weekend, neither one is an instant impact kid. Garza is Woodbury 2.0, he might be okay by his junior or senior season.

Whatever happens in December, it won't be a beat down on the Clones like we saw Saturday.

Meh. Hawks looked good, we looked very bad. Glad it's almost time to kill deer because I won't have much need to postpone my sits in trees due to football this fall. :)

I worked at ISU for 40 years and NEVER past up a chance to sit in a tree in order to watch the poor Clones play football!!!

I honestly wish they would discontinue the series. It's basically a lose-lose for Iowa. If they win, they were supposed to win. If they lose, it is viewed as a huge loss. They don't gain anything from this game.

I honestly wish they would discontinue the series. It's basically a lose-lose for Iowa. If they win, they were supposed to win. If they lose, it is viewed as a huge loss. They don't gain anything from this game.

Iowa State has won 10 of the last 19. Stop living in 1985. Hayden Fry is long gone.:D

I agree with this, all but discontinuing it.

It's way too much of a money maker to discontinue! I'm a Hawkeye fan but I'm not die hard like some people. If they lose a game or two or eight, oh well, life goes and and I still get to go hunting!

How about the last 35 record

Or the last 9

Funny how we pick out the ones that make us look the best

What was that about Hawk fans living in the 80s again?

My point isn't to make me look good. My point is that the mighty 'ole Iowa Hawkeyes aren't as mighty as Hawk fans like to believe. At some point wins and losses of seasons past start to become pretty irrelevant. Most of the guys on the roster now weren't even alive when the majority of Iowa's wins came against Iowa State.

Iowa State plays Iowa tougher than any of you would like to admit. But keep clinging to Hayden Fry, Bon Jovi, Pac-Man, and big hairdos. hahaha

Top Bottom