Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It is official...

I hope Bass Pro doesn't change much. I like the Cabela's line of gear and clothing a lot better than the Bass pro line.

Have to agree.

I was told by someone who works in the fishing industry that he thought Cabela's sold off their bank/credit side a while back. I am not sure if it is true.

One would think that would have been a pretty nice chunk of change.

Will Bass pro continue the Cabela's name and brand on the existing stores or will they completely change everything to Bass Pro and Redhead? Cabela's has a huge customer base, I wonder if BP will keep the name and brand?

Will Bass pro continue the Cabela's name and brand on the existing stores or will they completely change everything to Bass Pro and Redhead? Cabela's has a huge customer base, I wonder if BP will keep the name and brand?

What I was told by the same guy, Morris wants to keep Cabela's and Bass pro separate entities. Not sure if they will try to leverage buying power or incorporate bass pro fishing and Cabela's hunting. But was told that the plan is for them to remain separate.

Cabela's clothing is really good stuff. Would hate to see that lost.

The good news, both sides have some great people who are unapologetic about their support for the 2nd Amendment, hunting, and fishing. I doubt we would ever see an Under Armor type decision from either side.

What I was told by the same guy, Morris wants to keep Cabela's and Bass pro separate entities. Not sure if they will try to leverage buying power or incorporate bass pro fishing and Cabela's hunting. But was told that the plan is for them to remain separate.

Good to know and I hope it's true. I don't get to Cabela's much but it is nice to see something slightly different when visiting. Cabela's brand is far superior to Redhead as well in my opinion.

Hope this is true. I almost buy cabelas clothing exclusively because it is a good mix of quality and affordability (when on sale) in tall sizes.

i wonder what this will do to cabelas points.. i was banking mine towards a new spotting scope don't know if i should cash them in now or what?

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Time will tell on how this buy out will work.

Don't think Bass Pro is the only buyer. But with Johnny Morris involved I only think things will improve. He doesn't do things half a butt.

Having worked personally with Johnny and seen his incredible attention to detail I can't imagine this not being a positive thing for Cabelas.

Sad end to a great company .Not much to say about bass pros cheep quality . Oh well nothing good lasts for ever . Selling out for a massive pay out ends another good store.

This is true. We were down at bass pro cedar lodge this summer and a guy that works there told us that they had bought cabela's. He told us that Cabela's was going to keep all there line of close and Bass pro would keep the red head. So you shouldn't see much of a change.

No sir, I wish! I worked with him on Big Cedar Lodge & Top of the Rock Golf Course in Branson. If you've never been it's worth the trip!!

When I was in college down there I worked at Murder Rock when it first opened. I don't know exactly what he's doing to it now but talk about a view. If golfing was my thing, you better believe I'd retire down in that area

This is true. We were down at bass pro cedar lodge this summer and a guy that works there told us that they had bought cabela's. He told us that Cabela's was going to keep all there line of close and Bass pro would keep the red head. So you shouldn't see much of a change.
They might continue calling it the cabelas line but I guarantee they ship the manufacturing to where ever they make the redhead junk and quality will go down.

Top Bottom