Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Owen's first deer

zvholk

Yesterday morning was an awesome morning to be in the woods. At first light we had an 8 point and spike buck chase 2 does by us (seems kind of early for that) the buck stopped at 20 yards and Owen took a shot but I think buck fever got the best of him because the arrow hit In front of him.
About an hour latter we see 2 doe walking the field edge heading away from us. I told Owen that I'd be surprised if they came back and I suggested that we got down as we had to go meet family latter in the morning. He said with a stern voice that he wasn't getting down till 9:30.
To my surprise 30 minutes later they Come back. She walked into the shooting lane at 25 yards, as he drew his bow she turned a hard 1/4 away and before I could stop him he let the arrow fly. I couldn't see where the arrow went but Owen was sure he hit her.
After about 10 min I made the decision to get down and see if his arrow was laying there or if we had blood. I slowly tip toe over and found blood immediately at point of impact. I get back into the stand where we wait for another 45 minutes

When we get down we follow the blood trail for no more than 40 yards, I could not believe where his arrow was. I told him he couldn't be proud of the arrow placement but the outcome was good this time.

Last edited:
Congrats Owen!! The first of many no doubt...and congrats to Dad as well. Good job guys!

NWBuck

Congrats Owen!! That is awesome zach! I cannot wait until my kids hunt with me. Getting closer ?

Good eats and congrats young man! You are out there getting it done and learning the lessons we all go through, I love it.

Put one there myself onetime when I was first starting out too.

Very cool first archery buck Owen, the first of many I am sure!!!

Top Bottom