Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November 9th was a good day.

deeraddict

PMA Member
I was able to take my best buck on the afternoon of November 9th. The 9th has traditionally been a good day for me in the whitetail woods. This year proved to be a bit slow and I almost did not hunt. I set up for the afternoon at 1:30, and by 3:30 actually had reserved my self to the idea I was probably not going to see anything. Wellthat changed in a hurry when this joker emerged from the thick cover and gave me a 22 yard quartering away shot. I was sure I smoked him but the proof on the arrow showed otherwise. I had good blood on the arrow but only half way up the shaft. We let him go for an hour and a half before tracking. We didn't go far before the trail was easy to follow and ended up bumping him once about 80 yards from the shot. We decided to back out and wait until morning. That proved to be a good choice as ole Meathunter Robin and I trailed him up the next morning right to the spot we last heard him. He roughed scored 162&1/8. Main frame 12 with split brows on each side.View media item 110040
View media item 110039
View media item 110041

Way to go Derron, you were due, you hunt hard and always go the extra mile. I was glad to be there when you walked up on him. I know the excitement you felt. Congrats on a great buck.

Top Bottom