Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spring!

loneranger

Better get all your Spring chores done soon. With this Weather Ticks will be out soon. Least in Southern Iowa. Gets earlier every year. 50's and 60' forecast even for Next Weekend.

I'd put money on us getting at least a couple more weeks of bitter cold with snow. May not be until mid March, but it will come.

I'm done,,,Won't complain about the Weather. Nice "Winters" past few in fact for driving to work and not walking on Ice. Least down south here.....

Yeah, I'm sick of the weather tho to be honest. My vehicle can't even stay clean. Either freeze up or bring on spring! The "winter" we have had in SE Iowa is pretty sad... I was hoping for a good 12 inches last snow last week, but instead, we get 57 degree weather and wet nasty mud "rock" roads.

Bring on turkey season!!

Keeping this going? I cant remember the last "decent" Winter we have had down South here. Lucky to get one week that stays cold. I think is the NEW Normal for Winter. This likely will force my fruit buds out and then one night freeze em good. Like my pears last year. 60's maybe 70' this weekend. Most of SE Iowa still on the Drought Map also. There I'm done....

Also have to get my Tick clothes out. Have a lot left to do out in the fields. Maybe wont get some of it done this year anyway. Just too warm.

I have grass starting to Green. I checked the clover plots and I am starting to see a touch of new green. This is crazy.

I have used my snowmobile 3 times in the last 2 winters in MN, not complaining, but if we do have a decent snow, seems like we get a 38 degree day later in the week to melt it enough. Still 20 inches of ice on the lakes, but most of the fish houses are coming off due to forecast of 53,54,56,53 for 4 day stretch.

Hey 50's that's nothing. 70's expected in Iowa Friday! This reminds me of the time I flew down to Memphis Tenn to meet my wife. It was the last week of Feb. Was like this in the 60's and 70's. Truly the South is moving North. If it is in the 70's in Feb, what will April and May be like ? Prepare for a long hot season ahead is all you can figure at this point....

Top Bottom