Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

starting to get excited already

kelcher

It seems a little early to be excited for spring birds, but I can already feel it. Maybe it is the trail cam pics with the toms in them . . . .

I envy those feelings. I have never been sucked in by birds like deer. I don't know why? Lack of time? I used to trout fishing alot but can't fit that in ever these days. I hope my kids will like to try it, might be a way to fire some interest.

Something about the interaction gets you pumped. It is nice to not really have any pressure either. An adult bird is good enough, can't really see the spurs when you shoot one . . . .

I agree, I'm counting down the days already. Whitetails are my favorite, but it's hard to beat the better weather, better success rate and sound of a fired up gobbler closing the distance.

The interaction is exactly what I was going to say. Nothing gets my heart pounding more in the spring than a big thunder gobble just right before light in the tree about 25-40 yds behind you and a spit and drum as they are strutting their way in!

I used to be the "eh it's only turkey hunting" until I actually did it. Beyond hooked now!

However, there is nothing that compares to whitetail deer hunting in the State of Iowa!

Think the warmer weather has me switching gears early as well. Seen a pair of them strutting along the highway last week. Too bad Iowa seasons start so late compared to some other states (I've never understood that), but it's looking like I will be able to get the boat out and hunt walleye to help pass the time. I enjoy turkey hunting more than whitetail.

Ice fishing will be over by the end of the week (or sooner) the way it looks, so it's time to start thumping arrows into the target and getting ready I suppose!

NWBuck

Top Bottom