Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Diaphragm calls

isu22andy

What ones are you guys using this year ? Year 4 of using a diaphragm call and still can't find one that is
Hands down better than the rest . Tried gooserbats , zink ,woodhaven and HS struts . Can call a turkey with em all almost but nothing like I really want .

I use a couple woodhavens that I like, I have a tom teasers butt naken hen that I like, I have a Hooks that I havent used yet so I can't comment on that, and I have a couple Knight and Hale's that I like quite a bit.. Sorry I don't know what models they are.

Primos stacked double reed...I call it the "cheeseburger" call. A bit of a mouth full if you don't know what you're doing, but if you do, it's got the volume, soft touch and raspy tone that covers most situations. If I had to leave home with only one call (diaphragm, slate, box, etc.), this would be the one.

NWBuck

I still use the ole raspy hen from h.s. strut. Goes in my mouth youth season and doesn't come out till my second bird is in the back of the truck. You can buy them for 6 bucks.

In my opinion it is more about the cut of the call than the maker of the call. For instance, I can run a bat wing, side slice, and split v as good as anyone... But then there are some cuts that I can not run to save my life, like a snake toungue or a horseshoe.

Most well made call are well made calls, some of the differences you will notice is thickness of the latex and stiffness of the material.

I just picked up a 3-pack of Hooks diaphragm calls. I like them better than any of the main line calls out there so far. Then again, I use a slate as my go to and mouth calls only when one is hanging up or when running and gunning, so I'm pretty rough. I'm convinced it's just me and my lack of practice, cuz there doesn't seem to be a magical call for me that stands out above the rest. If I wouldn't consistently kill birds every year I might have to practice more. Lol

Finally settling on 2 I like so much I think Id buy them again. Tom Teasers - Cracked corn and Tom Teasers - Bahama mama.

Natural Addiction Calls (Billy McCallister and Del Crow) and also Mark Shortridge. PM me if you have any questions or can't get ahold of them.

Top Bottom