Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bird Down

Buckdown89

The season hasn't been to great for me, had my vacation declined so that left me weekends and evenings to hunt. Yesterday evening my buddy and I set up between a ditch and a sidehill timber pocket due to the fact that I had seen birds there two days prior. It was a beautiful evening yesterday and we got set up about 4:30. The spot I chose is very blind and I could tell my buddy was wondering what the heck I was thinking setting up here. An hour later I gave a couple yelps and had a tom behind us in the timber hammer back. It wasn't long and I could hear him strutting/drumming, and he and another finally made there appearance. Idk if it's still early yet or not but they did not seem extremely interested in the jake decoy, on the draw one of the toms caught me and spooked a little but his buddy was not as fortunate. As my brother stated, I also have nothing but good things to say about grim reaper broadheads. Scale batteries were dead so I didn't get to weigh him but he was definitely my biggest bird yet. Had inch and eighth Spurs and his beard went ten and a quarter. Good luck to everyone still after them! I think this next week is going to be dynamite!!

• Deleted by Buckdown89
  • Reason: Doesnt work
Show…
  • Deleted by Bowtech84
Show…
Here is a screen grab of the action, I was the filmer . Awesome hunt glad I went
33e6aea.jpg

Might be a dumb question but what does everyone do with there spurs? I'd like to do something with them, I have a few sets from years past and don't have a clue what to do... thank in advance!

Nice work, been a tough year so far! Lots of guys cut em off and put them on paracord/string. Looks pretty sweet hanging from the rear view mirror!

What Rjack said. Some guys bleach/paint the bone, otherwise it will probably be a tan/brown color. Either way looks cool. Mine is in a box in storage somewhere, otherwise I'd show ya.

Top Bottom