Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Surpressor / Silencer

isu22andy

Anyone own one ? I know it's a 200 dollar tax stamp about any way you go about it . Wanting to suppress 223 22-250 , 22 . Some people just say buy a 30 cal one and do everything . 30 and under . Is the tax stamp or the price of these going to go down in Iowa such as AR15 prices ? Have a hard time paying 500 bucks for a can a guy has 40 bucks f material in .

I got that there's no way around that but anyone have any experience with it ? Put it in a trust or what ? What's a decent one going to run me ?

A guy at work got one and he had $600-800 in it when all said and done...if I remember right.

They are both popular and common out here. Most folks I know that have one set up a trust to make it easier, especially if they are getting more than one. I could be wrong, but I believe there is a bill in Congress to legalize them as firearm accessories, which would remove the ATF Tax Stamp and, more than likely, drop the price. I don't see the price dropping on them like it has for ARs simply because suppressors are still heavily regulated.

the 200$ tax stamp price will not go down or go away until the Hearing Protection Act passes legislation. However, if/when it does pass you could see a potential drop in the price of actual suppressors. One important thing to remember here is you get what you pay for.. its not so much about the material as much as it is the exterior coating. Higher dollar cans will have a much better finish that can withstand much more heat, therefore many more rounds fired thru and longer can life etc etc..

IMO (for what its worth) the .30 cal is the way to go, you can suppress any centerfire .30cal & under. Rimfire are a whole different ballgame and cannot be shot thru centerfire suppressor, however are much more affordable if you go that route. Do the trust, it'll cost you around $75 if I remember correctly but will make things much easier in the long run. The suppressor will take less than a month for your dealer to receive but be prepared for a minimum of 9-12mo wait time for the ATF to return your tax stamp info.. Good Luck

I was unaware that you couldn't shoot rimfire through a center fire rifle . Rebel silencers look like my kind of price range though

I would NOT shoot 22lr thru a 30cal suppressor, too dirty and will gum up. Most 30 cal suppressors are sealed and do not need cleaned
you need to shoot 22lr thru a suppressor you can take apart and clean, much more effective and quieter to use a 22lr suppressor
Thunderbeast ultra 9cb on 300wm, 308, 6.8spc, 556-223 etc
Spectre II on 22lr, 22mag, 17wsm etc
Octane 45hd on all handguns and 300blk, this suppressor comes apart to clean and you could shoot 22lr thru it if you had to but would not be as quiet as a 22 suppressor

Top Bottom