Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dove

Looking good...congrats! Lots of 'em still around up here, but haven't taken time to go chase them yet.

NWBuck

far3gw.jpg

Been a tradition between friends and family since dove season opened in Iowa. Nothing better this time of the year, IMO. Killed 90 opening day.

Last edited:
Awesome work guys. As far as cooling we put the breast in half a jalepeno with cream cheese and wrap in bacon. Or wrap the breast in bacon. Dove is awesome IMO

awesome.

how you cook them?

Never had dove.

Like others have said, cream cheese and jalapeno mixed into a paste, spoonful on the breast, wrap in bacon put it in the oven 375 for 25 mins..........hopefully you shot at least 10 because them 20 breasts wont last long. I also enjoy making fajitas out of them. Marinate them for 2 days and then peppers, onions, fajita mix seasoning, they are some of the best wild game eats out there IMO.

I missed dove opener this year but absolutely love it! and they are tasty! Dove is certainly one of my favorites- about any way you can make it

Top Bottom