Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Truck Rental

Ryan Smith

Heading to Mount Ayr on October 28th -November 6. I have been doing some searching (kilgores in creston) and cannot find much for a truck rental. There are 3 of us so we wanted to rent a second vehicle. Any information would be helpful, thanks all.

Like above Enterprise or Charles Gabus Ford (preferred) both in Des Moines are your best bet. Linda Kilgore "Kilgore's" in Creston last I knew just had passenger vans as rental vehicles.

Yes, you are all correct. We are traveling through Des Moines. I was just curious if there was something closer to Mount Ayr. Kilgore's has one car Chevy Malibu. Definitely not going to work on the Level B's. Especially since you guys finally had some much needed rain recently

United Rentals will rent 4X4 crew cabs. My company had a Ford that was less than a year old. Wasn't a bad looking truck. Might not be the cheapest route.

I know co-workers that have gotten pickups from Hertz, there are a few locations around Des Moines. I would call them or one of the other big car rental companies and confirm you can get a truck. Just going to be a little spendy though for the week.

We are taking a crew cab truck so I guess any 4wd will work to get us to the hunting grounds. The more I think about it a truck won't be necessary.... It's basically just an alternative if someone else wants to hunt a different direction

I rented one of the small Jeep 4X4's in AZ a couple years ago. Relatively cheap, and I was impressed with it's capabilities on muddy roads. It might just meet your need and be a lot cheaper than a truck.

Just a heads up that whomever you rent thru get some good pics of the vehicle. Had a company try to ding us on a cracked windshield and fortunately we had pics before and after with no cracks shown.

Kratz

Last edited:
Thanks guys. And Kratz you're absolutely right. Will definitely check and take pics of any vehicle before we drive it off the lot.

Top Bottom