Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Started the new year with a bang.

chipterp

PMA Member
It had been kind of slow year with not a lot of shooters showing up on the cams or spotted when out hunting. So I did not have a lot of hope heading out on the 1st but with the snow, cold, and some food left you just never know what shows up. A few does were in the plot feeding along with some smaller bucks when what looked like a good one stepped out of the wood line. He was about 100 yards out and I could tell as soon as I got him in the scope that he had a great big frame and some junk around his bases. That was all I needed to see. At the shot his front shoulders dropped and he was already struggling getting back to the timber. I gave him about 20 minutes and headed over to check it out. He only made it 40 yards before expiring. The 270 grain Parker pretty much exploded his heart.
I was shocked when I got to him and got my first look. There was no ground shrinkage he grew a lot! He ended up being my biggest buck ever.
b65aea6657972257e8976f5705a434f5.jpg
ab03246d3cd5180f86bb94cce4c3c5eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck! Huge congrats! You never know what's gonna show up for food when it gets nasty out. I see more new bucks then than during the rut. Nice weapon too! A 100 yards is is pretty much a for real "Chip Shot" with that one.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom