Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Farm for Sale? 60 to 120 Acres

DarkArcher

Lung Buster
Hello all, I figured there was no better place than here to find out if anyone has a farm for sale privately or knows of a farm for sale privately in the Monroe/Lucas/Appanoose/Davis....Open to farms currently on the market too, however I believe I have covered most of them that I can find on the web.

Looking for rough ground, hunting/rec ground in general 60 - 120 acres.

I am hoping its ok to post this here, if not Mods feel free to delete or move the post to the appropriate spot.

Please shoot me a message on here, Thanks in Advance!
Travis

I know where one is that would fit your criteria. PM me and I will provide some details.

All good! Post away. I’d just ask if folks wanting to sell a farm send me message but no problem with ur post. And good luck on top of that. U came to right place. Smart to put feelers out as well. Inside scoops on a lot of farms are how a lot of transactions take place. Good luck!
***btw- no - I’m not looking to get 1st dibs on anything!! :). Just wanna make sure farms posted properly & handled how they were in past. Couple buddies just laughed at me today “oh- u want the message so u can have 1st dibs!” NOT the case!! Ha!!

Last edited:
Message sent.

I have 125 acres of land that has been managed for 13 years and located in a great management area. Just decided last week to part with it. I have not listed it yet.

Sounds like a dream place! Maybe one day I'll be able to swing something in Iowa...for now, I can dream :) I'm sure you will have no issues with selling.

Hello all, I figured there was no better place than here to find out if anyone has a farm for sale privately or knows of a farm for sale privately in the Monroe/Lucas/Appanoose/Davis....Open to farms currently on the market too, however I believe I have covered most of them that I can find on the web.

Looking for rough ground, hunting/rec ground in general 60 - 120 acres.

I am hoping its ok to post this here, if not Mods feel free to delete or move the post to the appropriate spot.

Please shoot me a message on here, Thanks in Advance!
Travis

Fletch said: I have 125 acres of land that has been managed for 13 years and located in a great management area. Just decided last week to part with it. I have not listed it yet.

Resident money only. NR money is no good in Davis County.

Fletch said: I have 125 acres of land that has been managed for 13 years and located in a great management area. Just decided last week to part with it. I have not listed it yet.

Resident money only. NR money is no good in Davis County.

I will keep that in mind if I ever own land in Davis County. Which, I cant really see happening. And, I don't mind a non-resident buying it. As long as they don't whine incessantly about not getting landowner tags. Most of them understand the system pretty well and I have explained that it would take them 4 years or so to draw an archery permit. The majority of them are pretty mature about it.

Fletch, I'm kidding. I thought you were in Lucas or Davis. Good luck with the sale of your farm.

Last edited:
I will keep that in mind if I ever own land in Davis County. Which, I cant really see happening. And, I don't mind a non-resident buying it. As long as they don't whine incessantly about not getting landowner tags. Most of them understand the system pretty well and I have explained that it would take them 4 years or so to draw an archery permit. The majority of them are pretty mature about it.

We don’t whine we discuss:)

Over the years we have debated the NR landowner tag issue with you (Fletch) being a passionate contributor on the side of not guaranteeing a single tag to NRLO's. During that time I noticed that looking forward to shotgun hunting has kept my father alive, as he is older, from year to year. Although I'm an avid archer I have chosen to apply for shotgun with my dad every year. We often draw year after year, and when we do not, we buy a doe tag and party hunt with my two neighbors. Although I love archery the shotgun hunts have been fun, exciting, hunting opportunities a many just so tags exist in the party, and inclusive with my resident neighbors as we watched some slobs hit the ground. In the recent past I had the opportunity to see a young man shoot his first deer, a doe, that you would have thought was the Albia buck based on his reaction. That's what it's about. That said archery is a more goal oriented , solitary and self directed season that I can re-engage in later in my life. Even though the rut in Iowa is an awesome time in the woods I now choose to enjoy the hunt every year in Iowa with my dad and neighbors. Keep the rut and thanks for the epiphany.

Last edited:
Over the years we have debated the NR landowner tag issue with you (Fletch) being a passionate contributor on the side of not guaranteeing a single tag to NRLO's. During that time I noticed that looking forward to shotgun hunting has kept my father alive, as he is older, from year to year. Although I'm an avid archer I have chosen to apply for shotgun with my dad every year. We often draw year after year, and when we do not, we buy a doe tag and party hunt with my two neighbors. Although I love archery the shotgun hunts have been fun, exciting, hunting opportunities a many just so tags exist in the party, and inclusive with my resident neighbors as we watched some slobs hit the ground. In the recent past I had the opportunity to see a young man shoot his first deer, a doe, that you would have thought was the Albia buck based on his reaction. That's what it's about. That said archery is a more goal oriented , solitary and self directed season that I can re-engage in later in my life. Even though the rut in Iowa is an awesome time in the woods I now choose to enjoy the hunt every year in Iowa with my dad and neighbors. Keep the rut and thanks for the epiphany.

I'm glad you found a way to enjoy your Iowa land. Making memories with family and friends is really what its all about in the end. No amount of antler will ever replace that.

Update:

The farm sold. The first week I put the word out, someone came to look and gave me a full asking price offer the same day. We closed on it Friday. I spoke with and messaged several guys from here that had interest and I appreciate that. In the end, a buddy of mine from Nebraska actually called someone he knew in Iowa that knew a neighbor of mine that knew a buyer,......well, you get the picture. It was kind of comical how it worked out. Anyway, now I can focus on making my other farm a whitetail paradise and have some fun with that. A whitetail personality just bought 1300 acres next to my other farm, so who knows, I may be playing this game all over again in a few years. Better to be lucky than good!

Have a great summer and let me know if you have a good bass boat for sale. I am going to try to find a good used one to fish some tournaments with my oldest son that has become obsessed with bass fishing. I couldn't get him interested in deer hunting too much, so I figured this would be a great way to spend some time with him. Thanks!

Probably should have posted this sooner... I appreciate all of those who posted or reached out to me on this. I actually ended up finding something closer to home than most of the options that arose here which was good for ease of getting my limited equipment there. All of the farms I was contacted about looked like great places so thanks again to all for the replies. Can't wait to get started on projects.

Top Bottom