Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shade Tolerante Clover

MuddyHntr

I want to frost seed some clover within the next few days here. The spot that I cleared out isn't wide open but it does receive a fair amount of sun light. What clovers work well in this type of environment?

So- assuming trees next to it? The moisture & nutrient pulling from trees likely be more of issue than shade. Leaves smothering it a slight issue. Do a blend so u have some flexibility. If things dry way out- reds will do better. But- whites are so aggressive and resilient I wouldn’t miss putting them in. Good blend is answer as well as reading through dbltree section on clovers. U likely will be fine but very dependent on the year and the exact situation ur dealing with. Easy & cheap experiment that likely will be fine.

Dutch white clover is shade tolerant. I have also used antler King game changer clover with good success on logging roads. My biggest problem with growing anything on logging roads is the leaf bed that builds up.

Top Bottom