Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Surface drive ?'s

4DABUCKS

Hey all, I have little knowledge of surface drive motors. I live just a couple miles from both the Shell Rock and Cedar Rivers. We catch quite a few fish in the spring and fall but I'm looking for an option to be able too fish all year long.
I've recently been in touch with the guys at SW marine in palo. Of course they want me to buy one of their boats and say a surface drive is exactly what I need.
I'm looking at an Excel 1854 with a 40hp mud buddy or gator tail.
If anyone has any experience with a surface drive I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks in advance!

Don't personally have one but have fished out of a buddies flat bottom alot with a mud buddy on it. Used it alot on Cedar in Waverly and CF all year and also it does the job on the Mississippi as well along with lakes. It has taken a beating and went alot of places most motors wont go

The guys at SW Marine are the go to guys for these around here. Shawn the owner is a good buddy. I wouldn’t hesitate to use his advise.
He puts em to the test and knows what works.

Very nice motors we run them on duck boats and they give you more speed than a long tail but can run in shallower water than a outboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up buying a 1854 excel with a 40hp mud buddy with efi. So far so good. I got it mid may and before the big rains and river was low I was able to play with it a bit. I was able to go from cedar falls to the damn in waverly with no issues!

Top Bottom