Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mega hooks, X2

muddy

As most know I've been busy getting my kids tagged out and haven't had a chance to hunt myself. Finally got out and had a heckuva great hunt! I self filmed it all and am in the process of getting it edited.

I had birds scouted but did plan B instead of plan A and lost out. I left early, like 0700 early, because I was madder than a peevd off hornet. On way home drive by a small 13 acre parcel I can hunt, but never have because it's just so small. There were 2 strutters on the driveway! I let them ease into timber and I made tracks to set up on upper green weedy field. I bumped birds walking in but set up anyway... didn't have much else to do. I gavesome aggressive cutting and had a response. Did it again, response. I thought to myself, yeah right. I got the camera out and started talking to it. Not 2 minutes into my schpeel and I look over, on film, and see a bird sprinting at me! I barely got cam turned on and clipped up and he was on the deek, then he was dead! Huge hooks, big beard, bingo.

I recover the bird and while talking on camera with bird I hear gobbling close, I beat tracks into blind and cut aggressively, response. Again, response, he's coming. 10 minutes later I look out back of blind and 2 Big strutters are mean walking right at me. Get cam turned on and biggest goes by blind at 2 steps, then as he struts into view finder I pop him. Dead. Total hunt time from parking truck to last bird, maybe 45 minutes.

I'm laughing, when it's your day it's your day! I explain things much better on film, so you will have to wait a bit on full story, but I'll get it up here. 2nd bird was huge, just look at comparison on pics. Both had giant hooks, huge beards, quite heavy. The walk out was quite painful on the wrists and elbows.
c70dfde505eb329561ade27475b582ca.jpg
05c8613bb2644bb651e8bc0ac108c6ff.jpg
29b11c60b1fc8a2123af3b6d972f1a61.jpg
da5edfdd9dd3253c6643f954a52474b2.jpg
47e9d1f653d12a0f5c6b5d22e703022b.jpg
ceefdf3d4c375806d34bc0b306cb2e9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a heck of a hunt, can’t wait for the video. Congrats on what is probably the most successful season ever.

You've had a pretty darn good turkey season this year. You'll have a fair supply of fletching feathers just from you & the kids! Well done!

... On way home drive by a small 13 acre parcel I can hunt, but never have because it's just so small. There were 2 strutters on the driveway! I let them ease into timber and I made tracks to set up on upper green weedy field. I bumped birds walking in but set up anyway... didn't have much else to do...

Umm Muddy...Have you seen the Facebook post below?

From Facebook...
"LOST - Please help me!
My two pet tom turkeys disappeared without a trace the other day. They always stayed right by the house, I suspect FOWL play.

REWARD Offered to anyone that can help me get my pets back!"

:D:D:D:D

For real, like you said, when it is your day, it is your day. Congrats!!

Umm Muddy...Have you seen the Facebook post below?

From Facebook...
"LOST - Please help me!
My two pet tom turkeys disappeared without a trace the other day. They always stayed right by the house, I suspect FOWL play.

REWARD Offered to anyone that can help me get my pets back!"

:D:D:D:D

For real, like you said, when it is your day, it is your day. Congrats!!

I know, these were goatmans pet mega hooks. Someone had to kill them

I know, these were goatmans pet mega hooks. Someone had to kill them
They weren't mega hooks they were world record hooks. Amazing what a guy can do with a little black spray paint. Your in the zone. Great hunt and birds.

Top Bottom