Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MORELS UP FOR ANYONE? Update?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at “go to spots” briefly today. Spots I’ve killed lots of elms this last winter & every winter for many years. Always loaded. Sunny, moist location. Brief check today- nothing. Anyone else finding any?

I looked at “go to spots” briefly today. Spots I’ve killed lots of elms this last winter & every winter for many years. Always loaded. Sunny, moist location. Brief check today- nothing. Anyone else finding any?

We found 5 grays last weekend but we need rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one thumbnail size grey for last night in Fayette county. I'm going to head south a ways and check for some more tonight.

Found probably 15-20 yesterday in tama county. Steep south facing slope with hardly any vegetation. A few other trees look really promising, but I'm not convinced the ground temps are high enough yet in some spots. The forecasted rain for the next couple of days would be welcomed.

Found 40 Monday and then on Wednesday only got 4, ones I missed nothing fresh. NE Iowa! Definitely been tough going, heard of others having better luck as always but gonna keep grinding.

Found just over a tall bread bag full yesterday before the rain in NE Iowa. Mostly greys and all fresh. Need more moisture which we are getting today.

Rained 1.5” by me. Warm weather & matter of short time bet lots of guys see em pop.

Walked 20 acres of timber today and nothing. Maybe someone could post up a pic...I'm starting to forget what the grey and yellow fungus looks like! And no Daver, I don't want to see a picture of your foot.
Maybe a day late but they will still surely eat!!
fb3e5685b14ca002fae97f50f9916dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The ones I’m finding are in direct sunlight. Looked in areas in the timber where I have found them before with no luck. East facing hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 20 acres of timber today and nothing. Maybe someone could post up a pic...I'm starting to forget what the grey and yellow fungus looks like! And no Daver, I don't want to see a picture of your foot.

I'm offended. ^^ :)

I spot checked a couple of places today that we often find mushrooms and did not see any...grand total time looking...less than 5 minutes. So while there certainly could have been some out there that I did not find. If they aren't found in these "indicator" spots, I don't think there were many/any to be found. But we did get some much needed rain today...so maybe they are still to come???

I'm offended. ^^ :)

It's been quite some time since I've tossed a spineless cheap shot your way. Hopefully it's out of my system for a while now.:)

I'm in East central Iowa, it's almost as if it's too wet here. Everything is mud. But, then I hear of kids filling there bags full of mushrooms walking home from school in a little timber right in town behind the ball field. Maybe I just can't see anymore. Going out to hunt another 30 acres today...

I won’t be able to hunt them until this coming Friday and Saturday in Southern Iowa. Question will it be worth my time??

Top Bottom