Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A hunt to remember

gersdorf

Life Member
Had a great hunt this morning to close out the season. I have a milestone birthday coming up and my wife asked me what I wanted and all I said was for her to go hunting with me. She's never been and hates getting up early but she agreed and now I think she's hooked. Started off pretty quiet right off and had one tom a few hundred yards in the timber that would gobble every now and then. When he pitched out he made up a lot of distance quick to where we were gobbling every 20 seconds. He came out 65 yards to the north of us, saw the decoys, and sprinted back in the timber. I had debating putting decoys out as there has been a lot of pressure in my area this season. My wife said you need to get rid of the two hen decoys so I quickly ran and grabbed them. About 5 minutes later three hens came out to the south and moved around on the hill. Two does popped out about 100 yards away and we were watching them when we heard two gobbles and looked to the north and two toms were making their way down towards us. They got to about 45 yards and the 3.5 mag did the rest and dropped him in his tracks. 24 pounds, 1" spurs, and 10.5" beard. Score of 65. My wife is already making plans for next season and said she's ready to get behind the trigger next year. Definitely my all time favorite hunt. Congrats to everyone that has tagged out and good luck to the rest that are still chasing this weekend.
c32c8e095e5e286e1f0c3d7e31c03f74.jpg
ebe737446cfd6408b1f263aca91d239a.jpg
bb1bbb2028f4773cff8da52b8c771b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats to you. That's why the make the blinds roomy enough for two. Now you'll have to video her on her first bird.

Top Bottom