Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sporting Clays

hotshott2289

Anyone have any good recommendations on places where you can go and shoot sporting clays without having to be a member somewhere? kind of a pay to play type deal

Highland Hideaway in Riverside has non-member rates on their site. It's the first and only sporting clays course I've shot so I can't say whether it was good or not, but I had a blast! New pioneer gun club in Waukee says they are open to non-members, but they don't have much info on their site.

What part of the state are you looking for? My bro-in-law shoots at a place in SW IA (Corning or Creston). Could get more info if that's in the right area.

Black Oak Clays east of Pella has a number of sporting clays shoots on the calendar yet this summer
https://blackoakclays.com/
Only open on shoot dates listed on the calendar and you do not have to be a member of anything to shoot.
I've shot there a number of times this year already - it is awesome.
They were chosen to host the state SCTP Sporting Clays shoot this June - a real honor to have kids from all over the state come there to compete.

Targets on the move, 33505 Birch Ave. Ackley IA, fairly new range, great equipment as he provids most of the machines for the state shoots! Dave Swanson 641-640-1378 Great guy!

Sporting Clays is a BLAST - I got into it because I help coach and my daughter is on the local SCTP team shooting Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays.
Figured I had better become a better shooter as a way to be a better coach and I love it.
Its like 3D archery with a gun! ( I've heard others compare it to golf with a gun but i am unfamiliar with the golf thing - must be something new:))

I've also given skeet a try and really enjoy it too - only thing I haven't done much myself is Trap.

Top Bottom