Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iphone Card Reader

Hey guys. Wondering what some good recommendations are for a SD card reader to plug into an IPhone. I have an older 5c that I will be using to view on. Also, do you have to download the pics to the phone first, or can you view right from the card. Either way, will it change the file to not be compatible with a PC? I have a laptop PC that I use to view larger and transfer pics to flash drives. Thanks!

Hey guys. Wondering what some good recommendations are for a SD card reader to plug into an IPhone. I have an older 5c that I will be using to view on. Also, do you have to download the pics to the phone first, or can you view right from the card. Either way, will it change the file to not be compatible with a PC? I have a laptop PC that I use to view larger and transfer pics to flash drives. Thanks!

I have one that I got on Amazon, the pictures download if you want them to, you can look right from the card. Here is the link to the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...ryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DNRq9XLT4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just buy a hand held card reader unit if you want to view them in the field. Or bring your laptop. I've found it to be a PITA to view them with a cardreader/iphone.

I had one of the little stealthcam card readers that I would plug into my iPhone. It worked great for one season and when I went to use it a few months back it wouldn't work. It ended up being the wires basically pulled apart. So I don't know if I got a bad one or they're cheaply made, but it did work great for a short while.

Thanks for responses guys. Been a little while since I checked back in. So, I ordered a 4 in 1 card reader from Amazon that has a slot for a lightning cable (charger), micro SD card, SD card, and USB port, thinking I may want to view some pics I've already transferred to USB flash drives.

Apparently my operating system on the iPhone 5c is too old (didn't keep up to date on updates) for this thing to work. The idea for using the 5c was to have something I could hopefully use as a card viewer, backup camera, and possibly import sound files to (not sure if this is possible) and not have it all on my other phone. Also, so I wouldn't be running down the battery on my other phone.

It does work with an iPhone 8, but you have to import the pics to the phone in order to view them as large pics and edit or delete. You can only view as thumbnails until you import, which are too small for much detail. Also, it puts the pics in your other photos by date (I do see an album called Last Import, which would only include those imported).

I see some of the other card reader options use an app to allow you to view large pics and edit or delete (I believe without importing to your phone). I'm wondering if there are any options that allow you to view large pics, edit/delete, without importing or using an app, other than a dedicated card viewer or digital camera.

Stickers this one from Moultrie works very good with my iPhone 5c and now my iPhone 6. Download the i-EasyDrive app. I can view each one, download it or delete the pic. I’ve never had to import all the pics to view them. I bought it at Scheels for about 25$.

a75eefed13d6e9d98af45cddfa1742ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the IPHONE card reader purchased at the apple store. I take my ipad into the field with me to check the cards and save the pictures right to the ipad (it saves them when you import them)

Top Bottom