Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Annual Potluck

CurtisWalker

Alright guys I’m making it happen!!! I am thinking August 11th. Should be far enough out to give people time to work it into their schedules. Now here’s where I need help. I’m trying to pick the location. I thought maybe the nature center south of Indianola or maybe hickory grove lake.. I’m open to suggestions. Fire away!! Going to be a great time to meet the members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds interesting. Just an FYI, I attended a seminar recently at a very nice nature center just south of Ottumwa recently. I believe it was Pioneer Ridge. I also went to a seminar several years ago, that Dbltree was speaking at, in Appanoose County at a nice county nature center. Just some possible alternative locations in case your first choice doesn't work out.

Any date will not work for everyone, but just wanted to let you know that is the first Saturday of the Iowa State Fair. I know people have kids in 4H events and other things out there, so just wanted to throw that out.

Skip.... run a report based on IP addresses and find the most perfect central location... I know this is right up your alley.

But yeah.... if you drew a triangle from Clive to Indianola to Winterset... probably can't go wrong at a venue "inside the triangle".

I would say Mid July avoids the holiday, the State fair, and most foodplot operations.

I'll buy all the beer! Oh wait.... Muddy already volunteered

Last edited:
I’ll post later today on some thoughts for a eating slop fest:D:D
Not enough time at the present to go into detail

I live in a tent under a bridge since the wife through me out of the house, 6 years ago. Kinda a cold dig - knowing my situation!!!!!
mid to later July?
I have our top technical minds on this IP Logistical algorithm. I used to solve complex math equations while working janitorial duties at MIT - just for fun & challenge. So, I'll have some deep analysis very fast here. our best & brightest are on this!

Hmmmm..... Some spam members from Nigeria...... My algorithms are bringing me to some remote small islands in the North Atlantic Ocean. Would this work for everyone? It's actually spot on accurate and a fair average for travel.

Alright so we’ll move it to July 21st. Can people handle the July heat or do we need to rent a building with A/C?? Still working on location. But mark it on the calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker just a thought here. If you have in in July with the temps outside, if we get a place with A/C more people will stay longer (i'm assuming)?

I'd like to attend and meet some of the members, but end of July is RAGBRAI, leave on the 21st.

Late August would be after RAGBRAI and the Fair and before those that are heading west take off. Just a thought. Thanks for getting something going, we're long over due!

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Remember the Iowa Whitetail Rendevous days? Those were some fun times. I'm sure some of those stories pop up now and then.

Top Bottom