Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's the one thing that makes you shut off a hunting show?

Hosts that talk non-stop just to hear their own voices. Extreme product promoting. I'm interested in seeing and learning new stuff. If that isn't happening, I lose interest pretty quickly. Whitetail Adrenaline is probably my favorite hunting show. https://whitetailadrenaline.com

Maybe the flip side of it. What makes me watch shows. I don't watch many.
One I like is MeatEater. It shows failures, what was learned, the frustrations, the success, what went wrong, what he would do different next time, the friendships built when hunting with others. He also deals with utilizing the meat that is harvested.

Ive also gotten to know many of the Outreach guys over the years and love the fact that they are all regular folks, with regular jobs that love to deer hunt. It shows on what they have put out.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

By far and away I enjoy podcasts more than tv shows. Information is greater by a factor of 100 and that's not an exaggeration. The pieces that intriege me the most are advanced hunting tactics and habitat managment. VERY few people on TV understand both. If Mark Drury or grant Woods are on a podcast, I'm listening .

Luke Bryan with full face paint hunting at Hadley creek in pike county Illinois will make me watch judge Judy faster than a fat baby fills a diaper.

I used to idolize the hunters on tv, especially the realtree guys growing up, but have a hard time respecting the fact a lot of these shows are guys sitting in stands they didn’t hang over food plots they didn’t plant

By far and away I enjoy podcasts more than tv shows. Information is greater by a factor of 100 and that's not an exaggeration. The pieces that intriege me the most are advanced hunting tactics and habitat managment. VERY few people on TV understand both. If Mark Drury or grant Woods are on a podcast, I'm listening .

Where do you find podcasts to listen to? I also really enjoy listening to grant woods can tell he really knows the science behind what he does and why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont even turn them on anymore. Way way better stuff on youtube and listen to podcast. If my TV blew up tommorow I could care less. Now the internet and laptop thats a different story.

Usually a show that doesn't focus on the hunt but is more concerned on showing the deer flop around and die. I know how they die, i want to see what you did for setup, grunts, rattling, etc. But maybe i am just getting to soft in my older age

30 minute show. Half is commercials. So there is 15 min. If actual content. Why do people use some of it for stupid s*** like driving in their truck, putting their boots on, range shooting before the hunt, etc. That's all worthless filler stuff.

30 minute show. Half is commercials. So there is 15 min. If actual content. Why do people use some of it for stupid s*** like driving in their truck, putting their boots on, range shooting before the hunt, etc. That's all worthless filler stuff.
Outdoor TV as a whole is going to all but disappear because of this. Viewers see right through it. Was talking to a guy who has a show the other day. he promotes this ridiculous doe pee drenched rope with yardage markers on it you string out in front of your stand. I asked him why he was promoting it. He laughed and said it was part of the package of products from the marketing agency. If he didn't promote it, he wouldn't get a $40,000 check for promoting the other products. That is the epitome of what is wrong with hunting TV shows as a whole. There shows that exist entirely on YouTube and Facebook, and have way better content without all the in your face infomercial crap. Randy Newburg left TV and is now YouTube and Amazon Fire exclusively. Others will follow. Drurys are coming out with a mobile app to be able to follow live streamed hunts this year. This is where hunting content is going.

Haven't really watched anything but high level videography from people like rockhouse motion and donnie vincent. I like production value and care less about kills and hit lists.

Can’t believe nobody mentioned this yet, but for me it’s acid rock music injected in and out of a video. Often times the volume gets cranked up simultaneously. There’s nothing that will get me to exit a video quicker. I enjoy the outdoors for the solitude and being with nature. Getting away from loud city annoyances is one of the top benefits to the sport for me. I just don’t want to listen to any music at any time during a hunting video, especially cranked up acid rock. If the difference in volume is bad enough it causes me to grab the remote, I’ll always switch videos while I’m at it.

I also agree with what some have mentioned here with regards to commercials & YouTube. I actually cancelled my cable years ago. Don’t miss it at all. YouTube has way more hunting shows than I even bother to watch. The ones I do are the DIY ones like OYOA, Hunting Public, Brunk Outdoors, etc. Although unfortunately these are destroying wait times for an Iowa tag. Try filming these on Illinois public land managed by our special interest group funded corrupt politicians. The pencil sized rubs and dead air time during hunts would shut down viewership pretty fast.

Top Bottom